Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old August 14th, 2013, 10:45 AM

Default Is it possible change the fields displayed on the factory category page?

I'm trying to organise filters on my site by brand, colour and size, as can be seen here:

http://www.happydogproducts.co.uk/st...og-mattresses/

The problem is each merchant and product seems to use a different method for storing this information. Some will put all the info in the title, some mix the info between title and description, others have all available sizes and colours in the description and others omit some info altogether.

So what I decided on was to go through each product and ensure the colour is in the title, brand is in the brand field and size is in the specification field. The only problem is, is that to see the brand and specification fields I have to click on more info button for each product, which is fine for editing the first time, but if new products are added it makes trying to find them hard work and time consuming.

So I was wondering if there was any way to display these fields instead of the tags which I find to be pretty much useless for the sites I have tried to build.
Old August 14th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Yes, you can display the brand and specifications field on the category page. Those tags would be:

[product.brand] & [product.specs]

Just put them somewhere in your Product list module here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > CATEGORY PAGE > Default > Product list module > Theme settings ()

Here's a list of all available tags: http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/168

Eric
Old August 14th, 2013, 11:07 AM

Thanks Eric

Wouldn't that display on my website though?

What I was referring to was the factory area

I could then browse the products in the factory and see which need editing.

Thanks

Paul
Old August 14th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

I see what you mean. Currently this is not possible.

However, if you see the product name in italics, that means you've edited the product.

Eric
Old August 14th, 2013, 01:00 PM

I didn't think it was possible, but thought I'd check. I'll add this to the feature request section.

The italics only works if you edit the title though, and not all titles require editing. Although I suppose I could copy and paste the title to the edit box for each product if it doesn't need an edit. Then I'll know I've updated other fields that need it.

The other option I suppose, is to use cpanel and mysql to find products with blank brand or specification fields, as few merchants actually use them, and then update those products in the factory.

Thanks
Paul