Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old July 6th, 2013, 07:06 PM

Default Custom product information

Store ID: 38666
Website URL: www.triathlonhub.co.uk

Hi all,

I am in the process of updating quite a few product pages with custom content. The challenge I am having in preparing for this upload are as follows. Would be great if somebody could fill the gaps!

1. Are header HTML tags able to be permitted in what is the 'description' section of a product?

2. Is there a way to bulk upload pre-defined header tags & automatic titles that would appear at the end of the merchant's product description? E.g. I have 20 t-shirts and for each, I want to put the <h1>Why buy the [shortcode = product name]</h1> into each of the 20 t-shirt product pages. At present it would seem you have to go into each respective product and copy and paste what is the same header block + writing in the product title. (Appreciate this could be seen as duplicate content but it would be the more the text within the header tag that would be similar. The actual <p> beneath would be unique).

3. Where is the product information that the publisher changes stored? Or, is it stored on datafeedr's servers? Is there a way to ring fence a select group of products or those products that are in a category and bulk upload what would be custom content?

Thanks

Nick
Old July 7th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi Nick,

1. Yes, this is possible. You will need to do this: /show...9974#post39974

2. Yes, you almost have it. You can add a Text module to your Product Details view and then add the following to that Text module's theme area ():

HTML Code:
<h1>Why buy the [product.name]</h1>
3. All product information is stored in your website's database. It's not possible (through the Datafeedr interface) to customize products in bulk.

Eric
Old July 8th, 2013, 11:57 AM

As always, quick and efficient. Thanks Eric! Great help.
Old July 9th, 2013, 03:05 PM

Hi Eric,

Had one more question. Embedding comparison sets within the product description.

Same as per the last question I guess but different shortcode. In theory I think it would work... just want to double check before I labour away!

Cheers,

Nick
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Yes, of course it will work!

Here's some docs on that:

http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/167
http://www.datafeedr.com/videos/?vid...rc=yt#videotop

Eric