Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old June 5th, 2013, 08:50 PM

Default Adding new merchant, not getting their products

Hi,

I just added a new merchant to my "natural tea" category, then I went into the edit for the saved search that I had with only one tea merchant in it, I clicked "Find" again & it's still only showing the tea for the first tea merchant.

What am I doing wrong?

Michelle
www.cocoonshipping.com
Old June 5th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

I'm going to guess that your search is too restrictive... possibly the tag "beverage" is not allowing other merchants' products to appear in the search results.

Eric
Old June 5th, 2013, 09:19 PM

Ok, then I'm not understanding, b/c when I asked you how to do the search for the first merchant & I was getting tea pots, etc. the video says to look at the tags the products you do want uses & I saw "beverages" which made sense.

So am I to assume now that I have to do a separate search for this 2nd merchant b/c their products don't have the tag of beverage (I haven't looked yet).

That's a pain if I have to do a separate search for every (or several) merchants even though I'm looking for the same product.

Thanks

Michelle
Old June 6th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

What product exactly are you looking for from those merchants?

Eric
Old June 7th, 2013, 12:43 AM

Tea, they are both tea merchants.
Old June 7th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Here's a bit more of an advanced search which returns only tea from those 2 merchants.

http://factory3.datafeedr.com/feeder...ry?cat=1160701

Eric
Old June 8th, 2013, 12:00 AM

Hi,

Ok, just went to search those symbols & I found it on this page - http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/163 but I don't know how to create the pipe symbol from my keyboard.

Other questions:

1. Why would |mug|set|scoop produce actual tea? I would think it would pull up mugs, scoops, etc. (set I can understand. as it's a tea set.).

Oh, I think I see now, the - sign is in front of the word maker, but does that mean that whole string of words are omitted?

2. I have to really lean this stuff b/c I can see that Mighty Leaf doesn't use the word "beverage" in their tag, but I would think it would STILL pull the loose tea up b/c I had the word "tea" in there. Right?

3. How did you know to omit those words & somehow still pull up all the tins, sets, etc.?

4. How can I take out the word "test" from that search? Edit doesn't give me that option.

5. Also, I see it was placed in the category area. I didn't know the searches go there.

I didn't see my search there when I was just searching the Adigo merchant.

In fact I was at a loss as to where the searches were LOL

6. Lastly, on another note only b/c I don't want to start a thread. I think 2-3 times now I have not received notices that you responded to my thread.

I checked my spam folder in gmail & they aren't there either.

Thanks

Michelle
Old June 8th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

The pipe symbol is on the same key as the backslash.

1. That's because there is a negative sign in front: -maker|mug|set|scoop. That says "not maker or mug or set or scoop".

2. yes.

3. Because when I searched for tea, mugs and scoops and makers were returned, too. So I eliminated them.

4. You need to edit the category: The Factory > Your Store > CATEGORIES > Tea (TEST) > Category menu > Category Properties

5. Yes, that's correct. I would suggest watching all 3 of these videos:

http://www.datafeedr.com/videos/?vid...rc=yt#videotop

6. I'm not sure why... you should be receiving them immediately.

Eric
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:09 PM

Hi Eric,

Thanks for that.

I found the area to edit the tea thingy.

I've already watched the first video & part of the 2nd.

I prefer text instructions so I can quickly go thru the instructions. With videos I have to wait until the person gets to the point no offense.

Can you give me the written instructions for the 2nd & 3rd videos.

Thanks

Michelle
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:28 PM

Hi,

Ok, question:

So now I'm looking to complete a search for just what they call teaware.

So I went to look at the tags to see what's written & I made a list of a lot of their tags, BUT remember that Mighty Leaf doesn't tag their loose tea as a beverage, from the looks of it they just call it tea.

So I want to put -tea in one of the fields, but then I saw that they also label some of their teaware "tea" too.

So is that going to cancel out all the teaware items even if one of my +tags is in there?

To explain in another way, if the field has:

+glass & -tea, will the product that has both glass & tea still show up?

I'm confused how to deal with this type of a search b/c of that tag "tea" issue.

Thanks

Michelle
Old June 11th, 2013, 12:05 AM

Ok, so I went ahead & tried it out (and watched the 2 videos btw) & it was obvious I couldn't exclude the word "tea", so I took it out of the exclusion list.

I came up this search query:

glass|infuser|pot|teapot|teaware|appliance|carafe| mug -beverage|loose|loose-tea|tin|tea-pouches|pouches

But when I did that, it only gave me 16 results. I know there's a lot more than 16 results, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please tell me.

Also, by accident I clicked on one of the tags (product category) & its + sign.

What happens when I do that & it turns negative?

Lastly, clearly this requires a lot of thought, so can you give me the steps you go through when narrowing down a search.

Like I had to take a sheet of paper & start listing all the tags from the items I did want & then make another list of the tags from the items I didn't want, but clearly that didn't work.

Thanks

Michelle
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by getcocoon View Post
Can you give me the written instructions for the 2nd & 3rd videos.
Written documentation exists in our online docs: http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/158

Quote:
Ok, so I went ahead & tried it out (and watched the 2 videos btw) & it was obvious I couldn't exclude the word "tea", so I took it out of the exclusion list.

I came up this search query:

glass|infuser|pot|teapot|teaware|appliance|carafe| mug -beverage|loose|loose-tea|tin|tea-pouches|pouches

But when I did that, it only gave me 16 results. I know there's a lot more than 16 results, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please tell me.
A simple keyword search for "teaware" seems to work quite well.

Quote:
Also, by accident I clicked on one of the tags (product category) & its + sign.

What happens when I do that & it turns negative?
If you click the negative sign for the tag, then it removes the tag from your search.

Quote:
Lastly, clearly this requires a lot of thought, so can you give me the steps you go through when narrowing down a search.

Like I had to take a sheet of paper & start listing all the tags from the items I did want & then make another list of the tags from the items I didn't want, but clearly that didn't work.
I've tried to outline the search process the best I can in the videos and online. It sometimes takes a little experimentation. Have a look at the online documentation (link above) for more info. However it's normal to have to experiment when setting up a search subscription however the more work you do now, the less you have to do later.

Eric
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:27 PM

Wow, that was way too simple LOL

Another question...

What happens if I get a new merchant that I want to add to those searches. How do I know that the search query will bring up the same products I need. They may be using different tags.

Michelle
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:33 PM

Ok, I'm working on a new category I created, & when I went into the “Store ---- store merchants” area, the tea merchants I had for the other category were checked off.

Why doesn't the system clear those filters? I thought it would only be attached to that category.

Michelle
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:16 PM

Still not receiving notices whenever there's a response from this forum & I'm on Gmail, so I know I'm not responsible for any blocking from my hosting company.

Onto this next issue.

I'm working on shoes now which is a HUGE category with many subs.

I didn't receive any results from New Balance, so I had to clear the merchants & add in only that one merchant to see what is going on.

That gave me only 5 results.

Then I had to clear the word "shoe."

That still ONLY gave me 7 products. LOL

NB has a bit of an ego going on there. They don't name their sneakers anything, just New Balance

But besides that, why is there ONLY 7 items in their entire store?

Thanks

Michelle
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:47 PM

So when my search says:

Found 71,969 products
1,213 records

I'm not understanding that.

I know what a record is, but does that mean 1213 pages?

There's a huge difference between those 2 numbers.

Thanks

Michelle
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Wow, that was way too simple LOL

Another question...

What happens if I get a new merchant that I want to add to those searches. How do I know that the search query will bring up the same products I need. They may be using different tags.

Michelle
You will need to check that after you add new merchants to your store.

Quote:
Ok, I'm working on a new category I created, & when I went into the Store ---- store merchants area, the tea merchants I had for the other category were checked off.

Why doesn't the system clear those filters? I thought it would only be attached to that category.

Michelle
Your store merchants controls all merchants available for that store. If you want to have specific merchant products show up in specific categories, then you need to use the Merchant filter when performing your search and select the merchants you want to have in that category from the list of merchants.

See this: http://www.datafeedr.com/videos/?vid...rc=yt#videotop

Quote:
Still not receiving notices whenever there's a response from this forum & I'm on Gmail, so I know I'm not responsible for any blocking from my hosting company.

Onto this next issue.

I'm working on shoes now which is a HUGE category with many subs.

I didn't receive any results from New Balance, so I had to clear the merchants & add in only that one merchant to see what is going on.

That gave me only 5 results.

Then I had to clear the word "shoe."

That still ONLY gave me 7 products. LOL

NB has a bit of an ego going on there. They don't name their sneakers anything, just New Balance

But besides that, why is there ONLY 7 items in their entire store?

Thanks

Michelle
I really can't say. I'm on Gmail and I always receive notification of replies.

Who's store are you referring to?

Quote:
So when my search says:

Found 71,969 products
1,213 records

I'm not understanding that.

I know what a record is, but does that mean 1213 pages?

There's a huge difference between those 2 numbers.

Thanks

Michelle
I'm not sure that's the full message however in some cases 1,213 would be referring to the number of relevant results.

Please consider starting new threads to discuss new topics. It's very difficult to convey clear instructions on specific topics when there are many topics combined into one thread.

Thanks,
Eric
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Who's store are you referring to?
Eric

New Balance.
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
New Balance.
There's 2 New Balance merchants, one from Tradedoubler and one from CJ.
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:24 PM

Sorry, CJ. I'm only working on CJ until I totally understand this "adding products" task.