Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old May 4th, 2013, 12:39 AM

Default Amazon links compliant with TOS?

Do you know if your links are compliant? My amazon affiliate account was just terminated for link shortening so they say. I don't think it was datafeedr but I just wanted to make sure.
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:47 AM

We do not shorten any links. By default we mask links but the landing page URL is always the full Amazon affiliate URL.

Did Amazon provide any more information? Did they mention the exact site in violation?

Are you using somewhere on your Datafeedr site(s) or on third party sites you use (Twitter, ....) shortening services like goo.gl, bitly.com,...?

Last edited by stefan : May 4th, 2013 at 02:56 AM.
Old May 7th, 2013, 01:21 AM

They didn't provide any information as to what the exact violation(s) are/were just terminated me and aren't paying me for 2 months of commissions (approx $3000) which sucks. I think I have found the reason which was a theme I used but then again not a 100% sure because they are very vague with the reason for the termination and just sent me the link to their TOS. I am beginning to make the slow transition of all my former amazon sites and getting appropriate products to replace with. Datafeedr is making it easier for the most part.
Old May 8th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

There's now an option to use direct links to all Amazon products. To enable this:

1. Go here: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr

2. Upgrade the Datafeedr plugin to version 3.11.5457 (or greater)

3. Go here: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr > Amazon API > Link Settings

4. Check the always use direct links for Amazon products checkbox.

That will unmask/uncloak all Amazon affiliate links on your site.

Eric