Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 14th, 2013, 09:00 AM

Default Search

Hi

I am building a holiday rental site and I am having problems breaking down the search parameters. Can I give you an instance: I want to list holiday apartments in Barcelona, I know that holidaylettings.com have over 900 apartments available, yet I can raise no satisfactory results via search connotations.

Is this due to a lack of the required keywords within the merchant site. tags,descriptions,etc. Or has holidaylettings a feed that is limited
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:39 AM

When checking the Holidaylettings datafeed that we processed yesterday only 167 products were provided by the merchant and are currently in our database.

When checking the new Holidaylettings feed that will be processed later today only 117 products are provided in the datafeed. I couldn't find any references to "Barcelona" in the new feed.

So it looks like the merchant does not provide its full product line in the datafeed for one reason or another.
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:51 AM

Thanks for the info Stefan, being a "junior" lol. (I'm 64). I thought it was me not getting it right. As barcelona and Edinburgh do well for me should I enter property details manually? is this acceptable?
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:03 AM

You can add products manually via our Custom Products feature. Note however that such products can't be updated automatically. You have to maintain the product info yourself.

See http://www.datafeedr.com/videos/?vid...rc=yt#videotop

Another option is to ask merchant first why not all their products are included in the feed and whether they plan to do so or not.

If they don't plan to add all their products in the feed you can ask if it's possible to add just the Barcelona and Edinburgh related products.
Old January 14th, 2013, 02:52 PM

Hi Stefan, just to let you know I did contact holiday lettings, seems they need to update their feed system and they will contact all, if and when that happens. So for the moment this is as good as it gets. Thanks again for the advice