Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 11th, 2013, 08:22 AM

Default Avoiding duplicates and removing breadcrumbs

Hi

I am a new user but getting on quite well. Thanks for all the efforts that go into Datafeedr and the support forum. So far I am delighted with my choice!

Store ID: 40790
Website URL: http://www.gazeboo.co.uk

I am trying to create a meaningful product list where all duplication is excluded. I have worked out that I can use compset_status=2 in a custom query string to include only the master items of my compsets, but I also want to show all items which are not in a compset, i.e. compset_status=0 . How do I do both in the same custom query? Is it possible?

Also I want to remove breadcrumbs altogether from the store as the breadcrumb menu pushes the store down the page and it serves little purpose. I have removed Breadcrumbs from the relevant views and updated the settings in my store, but they won't go away.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:28 AM

Sorted the breadcrumb issue - it is in my theme - sorry! The other issue remains!
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
I am trying to create a meaningful product list where all duplication is excluded. I have worked out that I can use compset_status=2 in a custom query string to include only the master items of my compsets, but I also want to show all items which are not in a compset, i.e. compset_status=0 . How do I do both in the same custom query? Is it possible?
By default, both products in comparison sets and products not in comparison sets are returned. So, if you remove that custom query you should the results you want.

To remove duplicate products, you should check the "Exclude duplicates" checkbox on the search form in the Factory.

Eric
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:09 PM

Hi, thanks for the reply but I don't think I've been quite clear enough. Where my products are in compsets I only want to show the master item of each compset. At the moment they are all showing. I cannot just use compset_status=2 because then the products which are not in any compsets get excluded. Hope that is clearer!
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

I see what you're going for now... Unfortunately this is not possible.

Eric
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:14 AM

Seems like something most people would want - one for the wishlist please! Thanks for prompt replies!