Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old October 4th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngibb123 View Post
Thanks!

BUG:first select Brand filter and then select price filter, then brand filter will go away...
solution pls...
Yep. You need to pass the correct info via hidden fields in your form.

Quote:
one more thing:

how to change colors for price filter widget name?

I just added in custom.css as:

and then appended this ID for "Custom CSS ID " under view --> view properties

What i did wrong..? I wanna change widget name colors..

b) Why my "FILTER BY BRAND" is just below "Categories"... ?
a. #datafeedr-7 h3 { color: green; }

b. that's controlled on your widgets page in your blog admin.
Old October 5th, 2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

a. #datafeedr-7 h3 { color: green; }

b. that's controlled on your widgets page in your blog admin.

Thanks!

Iam unable to solve only below ones, Eric (I tried but really didnt understood whats wrong only in that)
I checked source code, seems looking everything fine..but not understanding why that widget behaving like that..

Quote:
could u pls just try from ur end...?
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Datafeedr Team

You can change the order here: WordPress Admin Area > Appearance > Widgets
Old October 5th, 2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
You can change the order here: WordPress Admin Area > Appearance > Widgets
NO eric, iam not asking about changing the widgets order.. iam really not understanding where to change code to make it normally..
Old October 5th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Quote:
NO eric, iam not asking about changing the widgets order.. iam really not understanding where to change code to make it normally..
If you are not talking about widget order, what are you talking about? Can you please clarify your question?
Old October 6th, 2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:
If you are not talking about widget order, what are you talking about? Can you please clarify your question?

Check the difference between "FILTER BY BRAND" and "FILTER BY PRICE".. "FILTER BY BRAND" widget name is just very close to 'Categories' widget...

Iam not understand why its so close.? and I didnt understood on how to give a enough space between Categories widget and "FILTER BY BRAND" widget.. So, could u pls tell me whats wrong there..?

Quote:

BUG:first select Brand filter and then select price filter, then brand filter will go away...
solution pls...

You've replied as:
what info I need to pass still..?
Old October 6th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

The spacing seems to be caused by improper nesting of a div or other HTML above the brands widget. I would check the code in your 2 execphp widgets which appear above your categories widget.

Basically you need to add code like this to your Price Filter <form>

PHP Code:
<?php if (@$_GET['brand']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="brand" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['brand']).'" />'; } ; ?> 
<?php if (@$_GET['price']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="price" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['price']).'" />'; } ; ?> 
<?php if (@$_GET['word']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="word" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['word']).'" />'; } ; ?>
Eric
Old October 6th, 2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
The spacing seems to be caused by improper nesting of a div or other HTML above the brands widget. I would check the code in your 2 execphp widgets which appear above your categories widget.

Hi eric,

Iam really not understanding from which divs are making such nasty look.. could u pls help me in this..?
Old October 6th, 2012, 05:41 PM

Hello,

I have placed your code below like this:

Quote:
<form method="get">

<div style="color: #FD0320;" >

<div id="tools-accessories" class="ui-slider ui-slider-horizontal ui-widget ui-widget-content ui-corner-all"></div><br/><br/>

<div class="priceFilterText"> $<input type="text" size="4" id="minprice"> - $<input type="text" size="4" id="maxprice" >

<?php if (@$_GET['brand']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="brand" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['brand']).'" />'; } ; ?>
<?php if (@$_GET['price']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="price" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['price']).'" />'; } ; ?>
<?php if (@$_GET['word']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="word" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['word']).'" />'; } ; ?>

&nbsp&nbsp <input type="submit" value="GO" class="ui-button ui-widget ui-state-default ui-corner-all" role="button" aria-disabled="false">

</div>
</div>
</form>

<?php if (@$_GET['price']) { ?>

<ul>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='-sort&-price']"><FONT COLOR="red"><?php echo"[[X] Remove Price "; ?><?php echo @$_GET['price']; ?></font></a></li>
</ul>

<?php } ?>

Iam facing some problems:
Prob1) Select a Brand filter , sorting (low-high) products not happening..
Prob2) Select a Brand filter, then select a price filter , you will NOT find price at all in url and so sorting price functionality not working..
Prob3) Select any filter (either Brand or Price) you like from widgets and then select a price filter (either 'low to high' or 'high to low' ) from the products page, then url changes ..

Please kindly have a look above issues, pls send me new code again...
Old October 6th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I really don't know what's messing up your sidebar. I analyzed the source and I couldn't see the problem however the Chrome Inspector indicated there is an underlying issue. I really can't say what it is. If you've modified the theme, that might be the issue. Or if you you've added HTML or other code directly to your widgets, that might also be the issue. But I tried to figure it out and had no luck

Just as you had to add the code I posted here to your Sorting filter form, you must also add the same or similar code for sort and ppp to your other forms in your sidebar.

PHP Code:
<?php if (@$_GET['ppp']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="ppp" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['ppp']).'" />'; } ; ?> 
<?php if (@$_GET['sort']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="sort" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['sort']).'" />'; } ; ?>
That's the way to retain the filters. Wherever you want to retain any filters that have been used, you must add similar code to the form that might potentially override those filters.

The code I posted above and in this thread are all the same. The only difference is the $_GET and name values. Just substitute those.

Eric
Old October 8th, 2012, 12:48 AM

Hello Eric,

Though after I added code as u said, still its not working below things:

Prob1) Select a Brand filter ,automatic sorting (low-high) products not happening..
Prob2) Select a Brand filter, then select a price filter , you will NOT find price at all in url and so sorting price functionality not working..
Prob3) Select any filter (either Brand or Price) you like from widgets and then select a price filter (either 'low to high' or 'high to low' ) from the products page, then url changes ..

This is the code for my 'Tools/Accessories Price Filter' filter:

<form method="get">

<div id="tools-accessories" class="ui-slider ui-slider-horizontal ui-widget ui-widget-content ui-corner-all"></div><br/><br/>

<div class="priceFilterText"> $<input type="text" size="4" id="minprice"> - $<input type="text" size="4" id="maxprice" >

<?php if (@$_GET['brand']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="brand" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['brand']).'" />'; } ; ?>
<?php if (@$_GET['price']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="price" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['price']).'" />'; } ; ?>
<?php if (@$_GET['word']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="word" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['word']).'" />'; } ; ?>
<?php if (@$_GET['ppp']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="ppp" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['ppp']).'" />'; } ; ?>
<?php if (@$_GET['sort']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="sort" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['sort']).'" />'; } ; ?>

&nbsp&nbsp <input type="submit" value="GO" class="ui-button ui-widget ui-state-default ui-corner-all" role="button" aria-disabled="false">

</div>
</div>
</form>

<ul>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='-sort&-price']"><FONT COLOR="red"><?php echo"[[X] Remove Price "; ?><?php echo @$_GET['price']; ?></font></a></li>
</ul>

<?php } ?>
Old October 8th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

You need to add this code:
PHP Code:
<?php if (@$_GET['brand']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="brand" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['brand']).'" />'; } ; ?> 
<?php if (@$_GET['price']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="price" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['price']).'" />'; } ; ?> 
<?php if (@$_GET['word']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="word" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['word']).'" />'; } ; ?>
To your sorting filter form here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > CATEGORY PAGE > Default > Product list module > Theme settings ( ) > between the <form> ... </form> tags of the filter.

The following code must also be added between the <form> ... </form> tags of all of your Price Filter widgets.

PHP Code:
<?php 
if (@$_GET['word']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="word" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['word']).'" />'; } ; ?>
<?php 
if (@$_GET['ppp']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="ppp" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['ppp']).'" />'; } ; ?> 
<?php if (@$_GET['sort']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="sort" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['sort']).'" />'; } ; ?>
The reason it's not working on your Tools/Accessories page is because you have deleted the most essential part of your Price filter code:
HTML Code:
<input type="hidden" name="price"  id="pricego">
Eric
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:47 AM

HI,

actually iam testing only for Tools/Accessories category.. (If this works, so i can do similalrly with other categories as well) BUT iam still unable get desired results while using these brand and price filter widgets.. When selecting BOTH, its missing either brand or price filter in url..

Anyway, here are the codes now:

views >> widgets >>Tools/Accessories Price Filter >> Module settings:
Quote:
<form method="get">

<input type="hidden" name="sort" value="price" />
<input type="hidden" name="price" id="pricego">

</div>
</div>
</form>

<ul>
</ul>

<?php } ?>

Views >> Category Page >> Default >> Product List >> Module Settings (pasted only between form):
Quote:
<!-- Sorting By Users -->
<div class="dffltrs">
<form method="get">

<?php if (@$_GET['ppp']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="ppp" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['ppp']).'" />'; } ; ?>
<?php if (@$_GET['sort']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="sort" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['sort']).'" />'; } ; ?>

<span class="dflside">
Products per page:
<?php echo datafeedr_tools()->form_select("ppp",
array(
"12" => "12",
"24" => "24",
"36" => "36",
"48" => "48",
)); ?>
</span>
<span class="dfrside">
Sort by:
<?php echo datafeedr_tools()->form_select("sort",
array(
"price" => "Price (low to high)",
"-price" => "Price (high to low)",
"name" => "Product Name (a - z)",
"-name" => "Product Name (z - a)",
)); ?>
<input type="submit" value="Go" class="dfsbmt" />
</span>
<div class="clearingdiv">&nbsp;</div>
</form>
</div>

Now pls tell me what went wrong..

I wanna achive below 3:
Quote:

Prob1) Select a Brand filter ,automatic sorting (low-high) products not happening..
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
BUT iam still unable get desired results while using these brand and price filter widgets.. When selecting BOTH, its missing either brand or price filter in url..

Anyway, here are the codes now:
You still need to do what I already mentioned.
Quote:
The following code must also be added between the <form> ... </form> tags of all of your Price Filter widgets.

PHP Code:
<?php 
if (@$_GET['word']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="word" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['word']).'" />'; } ; ?>
<?php 
if (@$_GET['ppp']){ echo '<input type="hidden" name="ppp" value="'.strip_tags($_GET['ppp']).'" />'; } ; ?> 
Old October 8th, 2012, 01:33 PM

hi,

Now its quite better.. Prob2 and 3 solved.. (but not prob1)ie., Prob1) Select a Brand filter ,automatic sorting (low-high) products not happening..

views >> widgets >>Tools/Accessories Price Filter >> Module settings:
Quote:
<form method="get">

<input type="hidden" name="price" id="pricego">

</div>
</div>
</form>

<ul>
</ul>

<?php } ?>

and do U think any changes needed (either to add or remove (just to confirm last..):
Views >> Category Page >> Default >> Product List >> Module Settings (pasted only between form):

Quote:
<!-- Sorting By Users -->
<div class="dffltrs">
<form method="get">

<span class="dflside">
Products per page:
<?php echo datafeedr_tools()->form_select("ppp",
array(
"12" => "12",
"24" => "24",
"36" => "36",
"48" => "48",
)); ?>
</span>
<span class="dfrside">
Sort by:
<?php echo datafeedr_tools()->form_select("sort",
array(
"price" => "Price (low to high)",
"-price" => "Price (high to low)",
"name" => "Product Name (a - z)",
"-name" => "Product Name (z - a)",
)); ?>
<input type="submit" value="Go" class="dfsbmt" />
</span>
<div class="clearingdiv">&nbsp;</div>
</form>
</div>
Old October 8th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

If you want products to be sorted from low to high upon clicking a brand filter, you should add this to the brand filter <form>:
HTML Code:
And Yes, changes need to made to your sorting filter. I mentioned exactly what those are here: /show...6234#post36234

Eric
Old October 8th, 2012, 02:31 PM

hi,

as far as I know <form> tags will be used when there is a button that says 'type="submit"', incase of brand filter, i dont have any form..

Here is brand filter code:
Quote:
<div style="background-color: #ADCDF7;">
<div class="scroll">
<div class="arrowlistmenu">
<ul>
<?php
$brands = dfr_get_brands_list($category);
foreach ($brands as $brand) : ?>
<li><div class="brandFilter">>><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='brand=$brand']" class="brandFilter" ><?php echo $brand; ?></a></div></li>
<?php endforeach; ?>
</ul>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<?php if (@$_GET['brand']) { ?>

<a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='-brand']"><FONT COLOR="red"><?php echo"[[X] Remove Brand "; ?><?php echo @$_GET['brand']; ?></font></a>

<?php } ?>
Old October 8th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
as far as I know <form> tags will be used when there is a button that says 'type="submit"', incase of brand filter, i dont have any form..
Ahhh, that's right. Just do this:

HTML Code:
<li><div class="brandFilter">>><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='sort=price&brand=$brand']" class="brandFilter" ><?php echo $brand; ?></a></div></li>
Old October 8th, 2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Ahhh, that's right. Just do this:

HTML Code:
<li><div class="brandFilter">>><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='sort=price&brand=$brand']" class="brandFilter" ><?php echo $brand; ?></a></div></li>

Thanks a lot Eric!

It seems everything perfect now!

will let u know soon if any bug