Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old September 18th, 2012, 03:33 AM

Default Merchants feed

Hey team

I have been waiting on Chinavasion Wholesale Ltd to do something that would enable me to pick up all their Hot Products and show them in a category of their own.

Got this email tonite:

We've added the keyword "special" in the datafeed to denote the hot products. You'll find this in the "keyword" column of the feed.

Added a hidden category called Hot Products and used the keyword "special" No products show using that keyword.

If you have not updated this merchants feed very recently are you able to do this and check that the keyword is there for me please.

Many thanks
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:55 AM

I just downloaded the Chinavasion feed from Shareasale and nowhere I can find the keyword "special".

I don't know when they added that keyword. In any way the last time the merchant updated the datafeed is 09/16/12 - at least that is what Shareasale shows as last update date.
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I just downloaded the Chinavasion feed from Shareasale and nowhere I can find the keyword "special".

I don't know when they added that keyword. In any way the last time the merchant updated the datafeed is 09/16/12 - at least that is what Shareasale shows as last update date.
Thanks Stefan - message sent to merchant affiliate manager.
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:

Hey Team

This is the reply I have from the merchant

Thanks for your reply. It looks like the keyword is in line L of the feed file. For instance, on the product "Mini Weatherproof Sony CCD Camera - 'Dark Predator' - (600tvl, IR)", the word special appears in this field:

special, dvr, video camera, security camera, dark wolf, mini, surveillance, night vision camera, weatherproof, CCTV, Sony CCD, IR camera, door camera, security door cameras, security systems

I am not sure how you use those keywords in the factory. I tried searching by keyword, tag, product name all with no success.

I have emailed them back and asked them the silly question - have they uploaded a new file for the datafeed containing the change to shareasale. Meantime can we check again using the onfo they have given to see if the word is there in the field mentioned.

Last edited by nzcid : September 18th, 2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:12 PM

I've downloaded the latest feed from Chinavasion. Last update date in Shareasale now shows 09/18/12.

This is the datafeed record for the product in question. No keyword "special" or any of the other keywords you mentioned to notice.

500720537|Mini Weatherproof Sony CCD Camera - 'Dark Predator' - (600tvl, IR)|18925|Chinavasion Wholesale Ltd.|http://www.shareasale.com/m-pr.cfm?merchantID=18925&userID=YOURUSERID&productI D=500720537|http://eu.chinavasion.com/images/thumbnails/hzlnK18b.jpg.thumb_70x70.jpg|http://eu.chinavasion.com/images/hzlnK18b.jpg|29.80|34.86|Electronics|Video|discree tly watching over your property, the Dark Predator will always be there to protect you. <br/><br/> If you are looking for a discreet and convenient solution to improve the security of your home or office, then look no further. The Dark Predator is so small that it can easily be installed in any corner or crevice in the room. But don’t be deceived by the size of this camera. The Dark Predator packs a ’’ CCD color sensor delivering a super high 600TV Lines resolution! <br/><br/> With 7 built-in Infrared LEDs, you will be able to have eyes on your property 24/7. Even in complete darkness! You'll also love the included mounting brackets with adjustable angles, making installation quick and painless. <br/><br/> You don’t want to be buying a new camera every year and that’s why the dark predator comes in a durable weatherproof full metal shell to protect it from any damage. So whether you're in a civil war zone or just feeling a little insecure at home or in the office, the Dark Predator is the ideal choice for protection that won't let you down. <br/><br/> This Security Camera could easily sell for much more, but thanks to our strong purchasing power we can now bring you this amazing surveillance device at an unheard factory direct low price! If you’re looking for a Security Camera with great performance, advanced functions and simplicity of use, then look no further. Order now while supplies last. Brought to you by Chinavasion. <br/><br/><strong>At a Glance...</strong><ul><li>1/4'' CCD Color Sensor</li><li>600TV Lines Resolution</li><li>Small and Discrete</li><li>Weatherproof</li><li>PAL Video System</li><li>F1.2 3.6mm Lens</li></ul><br/><br/>||||||2012-09-18 14:29:37.507|instock||CVSH-I256|Surveillance + Security|CCTV Cameras||||10257||||||||http://www.shareasale.com/m-pr.cfm?merchantID=18925&userID=YOURUSERID&atc=1&pr oductID=500720537||||||||||||||||
Old September 18th, 2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
I've downloaded the latest feed from Chinavasion. Last update date in Shareasale now shows 09/18/12.

This is the datafeed record for the product in question. No keyword "special" or any of the other keywords you mentioned to notice.

500720537|Mini Weatherproof Sony CCD Camera - 'Dark Predator' - (600tvl, IR)|18925|Chinavasion Wholesale Ltd.|http://www.shareasale.com/m-pr.cfm?merchantID=18925&userID=YOURUSERID&productI D=500720537|http://eu.chinavasion.com/images/thumbnails/hzlnK18b.jpg.thumb_70x70.jpg|http://eu.chinavasion.com/images/hzlnK18b.jpg|29.80|34.86|Electronics|Video|discree tly watching over your property, the Dark Predator will always be there to protect you. <br/><br/> If you are looking for a discreet and convenient solution to improve the security of your home or office, then look no further. The Dark Predator is so small that it can easily be installed in any corner or crevice in the room. But dont be deceived by the size of this camera. The Dark Predator packs a CCD color sensor delivering a super high 600TV Lines resolution! <br/><br/> With 7 built-in Infrared LEDs, you will be able to have eyes on your property 24/7. Even in complete darkness! You'll also love the included mounting brackets with adjustable angles, making installation quick and painless. <br/><br/> You dont want to be buying a new camera every year and thats why the dark predator comes in a durable weatherproof full metal shell to protect it from any damage. So whether you're in a civil war zone or just feeling a little insecure at home or in the office, the Dark Predator is the ideal choice for protection that won't let you down. <br/><br/> This Security Camera could easily sell for much more, but thanks to our strong purchasing power we can now bring you this amazing surveillance device at an unheard factory direct low price! If youre looking for a Security Camera with great performance, advanced functions and simplicity of use, then look no further. Order now while supplies last. Brought to you by Chinavasion. <br/><br/><strong>At a Glance...</strong><ul><li>1/4'' CCD Color Sensor</li><li>600TV Lines Resolution</li><li>Small and Discrete</li><li>Weatherproof</li><li>PAL Video System</li><li>F1.2 3.6mm Lens</li></ul><br/><br/>||||||2012-09-18 14:29:37.507|instock||CVSH-I256|Surveillance + Security|CCTV Cameras||||10257||||||||http://www.shareasale.com/m-pr.cfm?merchantID=18925&userID=YOURUSERID&atc=1&pr oductID=500720537||||||||||||||||
Hey Stefan

I went up to shareasale and accessed the DF and asked it search the ketword "special" and it appeared to bring up all the products that are on their "Hot Products" page.

However when I download it and do a search that word in particular does not appear in the feed itself. I think the affiliate manager maybe refrring to some field in shareasale itself.

Anyways have emailed her again with the DF attached in zip format for her to look at. Thanks for your help and I be back in touch once I hear back from her.
Old September 18th, 2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:

Hey Stefan
Some of these words are currently being used as tags in the factory so just trying to understand how Datafeedr gets them and from where?

special, dvr, video camera, security camera, dark wolf, mini, surveillance, night vision camera, weatherproof, CCTV, Sony CCD, IR camera, door camera, security door cameras, security systems
Old September 19th, 2012, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcid View Post
Hey Stefan
Some of these words are currently being used as tags in the factory so just trying to understand how Datafeedr gets them and from where?

The tags listed in the Factory for this product are

cameras, cctv, cctv-cameras, electronics, security, surveillance, surveillance-security, video

We are taking the words from the following fields in red.....

500720537|Mini Weatherproof Sony CCD Camera - 'Dark Predator' - (600tvl, IR)|18925|Chinavasion Wholesale Ltd.|http://www.shareasale.com/m-pr.cfm?merchantID=18925&userID=YOURUSERID&productI D=500720537|http://eu.chinavasion.com/images/thumbnails/hzlnK18b.jpg.thumb_70x70.jpg|http://eu.chinavasion.com/images/hzlnK18b.jpg|29.80|34.86|Electronics|Video|discreetly watching over your property, the Dark Predator will always be there to protect you. <br/><br/> If you are looking for a discreet and convenient solution to improve the security of your home or office, then look no further. The Dark Predator is so small that it can easily be installed in any corner or crevice in the room. But don’t be deceived by the size of this camera. The Dark Predator packs a ’’ CCD color sensor delivering a super high 600TV Lines resolution! <br/><br/> With 7 built-in Infrared LEDs, you will be able to have eyes on your property 24/7. Even in complete darkness! You'll also love the included mounting brackets with adjustable angles, making installation quick and painless. <br/><br/> You don’t want to be buying a new camera every year and that’s why the dark predator comes in a durable weatherproof full metal shell to protect it from any damage. So whether you're in a civil war zone or just feeling a little insecure at home or in the office, the Dark Predator is the ideal choice for protection that won't let you down. <br/><br/> This Security Camera could easily sell for much more, but thanks to our strong purchasing power we can now bring you this amazing surveillance device at an unheard factory direct low price! If you’re looking for a Security Camera with great performance, advanced functions and simplicity of use, then look no further. Order now while supplies last. Brought to you by Chinavasion. <br/><br/><strong>At a Glance...</strong><ul><li>1/4'' CCD Color Sensor</li><li>600TV Lines Resolution</li><li>Small and Discrete</li><li>Weatherproof</li><li>PAL Video System</li><li>F1.2 3.6mm Lens</li></ul><br/><br/>||||||2012-09-18 14:29:37.507|instock||CVSH-I256|Surveillance + Security|CCTV Cameras||||10257||||||||http://www.shareasale.com/m-pr.cfm?merchantID=18925&userID=YOURUSERID&atc=1&pr oductID=500720537||||||||||||||||

These correspond respectively with the datafeed fields

Category (field 10)
Subcategory (field 11)
MerchantCategory (field 22)
MerchantSubcategory (field 23)

Last edited by stefan : September 19th, 2012 at 03:29 AM.
Old September 19th, 2012, 04:15 AM

thanks Stefan for the input and information.
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:54 AM

Quote:
The tags listed in the Factory for this product are

cameras, cctv, cctv-cameras, electronics, security, surveillance, surveillance-security, video

We are taking the words from the following fields in red.....

500720537|Mini Weatherproof Sony CCD Camera - 'Dark Predator' - (600tvl, IR)|18925|Chinavasion Wholesale Ltd.|http://www.shareasale.com/m-pr.cfm?merchantID=18925&userID=YOURUSERID&productI D=500720537|http://eu.chinavasion.com/images/thumbnails/hzlnK18b.jpg.thumb_70x70.jpg|http://eu.chinavasion.com/images/hzlnK18b.jpg|29.80|34.86|Electronics|Video|discreetly watching over your property, the Dark Predator will always be there to protect you. <br/><br/> If you are looking for a discreet and convenient solution to improve the security of your home or office, then look no further. The Dark Predator is so small that it can easily be installed in any corner or crevice in the room. But don’t be deceived by the size of this camera. The Dark Predator packs a ’’ CCD color sensor delivering a super high 600TV Lines resolution! <br/><br/> With 7 built-in Infrared LEDs, you will be able to have eyes on your property 24/7. Even in complete darkness! You'll also love the included mounting brackets with adjustable angles, making installation quick and painless. <br/><br/> You don’t want to be buying a new camera every year and that’s why the dark predator comes in a durable weatherproof full metal shell to protect it from any damage. So whether you're in a civil war zone or just feeling a little insecure at home or in the office, the Dark Predator is the ideal choice for protection that won't let you down. <br/><br/> This Security Camera could easily sell for much more, but thanks to our strong purchasing power we can now bring you this amazing surveillance device at an unheard factory direct low price! If you’re looking for a Security Camera with great performance, advanced functions and simplicity of use, then look no further. Order now while supplies last. Brought to you by Chinavasion. <br/><br/><strong>At a Glance...</strong><ul><li>1/4'' CCD Color Sensor</li><li>600TV Lines Resolution</li><li>Small and Discrete</li><li>Weatherproof</li><li>PAL Video System</li><li>F1.2 3.6mm Lens</li></ul><br/><br/>||||||2012-09-18 14:29:37.507|instock||CVSH-I256|Surveillance + Security|CCTV Cameras||||10257||||||||http://www.shareasale.com/m-pr.cfm?merchantID=18925&userID=YOURUSERID&atc=1&pr oductID=500720537||||||||||||||||

These correspond respectively with the datafeed fields

Category (field 10)
Subcategory (field 11)
MerchantCategory (field 22)
MerchantSubcategory (field 23)
I seem to be in a little bit of a batlte with the affilate manager for this merchant regarding this issue.

She replied with this message "As for the "special" keyword, I continue to see it listed in the product keywords column. " when I informed nowhere in the feed available from shareasale does the word appear. This was even after I attached a downloaded copy of the txt file from shareasale.

I again downloaded a copy of their feed txt file and attached it and requested her to do a search of the file and see if she could find the word herself in the file. Not sure how long this is going to take as she is taking about 2-3 days to reply and only after I send her a follow up email.

I will keep persevering until she tells me to go away and then I try and find someone higher up to see if this can be sorted.

Last edited by stefan : September 21st, 2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old September 21st, 2012, 04:51 AM

Product keywords column?

Below are the datafeed fields in Shareasale feeds. No keywords column (unless they plan to use one of the custom fields). Note that we don't process custom fields as it can contain information of all kinds.

ProductID|Name|MerchantID|Merchant|Link|Thumbnail| BigImage|Price|RetailPrice|Category|SubCategory|De scription|Custom1|Custom2|Custom3|Custom4|Custom5| LastUpdated|status|manufacturer|partnumber|merchan tCategory|merchantSubcategory|shortDescription|ISB N|UPC|SKU|CrossSell|MerchantGroup|MerchantSubgroup |CompatibleWith|CompareTo|QuantityDiscount|Bestsel ler|AddToCartURL|ReviewsRSSURL|Option1|Option2|Opt ion3|Option4|Option5||||||||||

Not sure how Shareasale's internal datafeed system works for merchants but I guess something goes wrong during the transfer between the file merchant is changing / submitting and the final datafeed file that's available in Shareasale.
Old September 21st, 2012, 04:59 AM

Again thanks Stefan - I have forwarded your explanation, so I will see what happens from here.