Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:02 PM

Default Sale items page displays every item in store

Store ID:
Website URL: http://buypackersgear.com
URL to page in question: http://buypackersgear.com/packers-items-on-sale

First let me say that I am fairly blown away by the power this product puts into the hands of this non-programmer. I'm just using a generic wordpress theme for now, but I'm amazed what I can do with this program.

I've spent a good 10 hrs digging in to this today and at the end of the day, I have only one problem. I followed the video for the sale items page, went through it once, and it worked OK. Had about 10 items display. I started messing with it and screwed up the html, so I decided to just start over.

This time around, while everything else is working, it is picking up every product in the store. I've retraced my steps but can't figure out what I did wrong this time. I'm sure it's probably something simple, which would be good for me and you. I'm also not sure where to find my store ID.

thanks,

Al
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:17 PM

I have more to add. Just noticed now that my main store page is displaying what should be the sale items. It seems somehow they have gotten crossed up? Yet the html for the main page does not have the sales price code in it.
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Welcome to the forums!

It looks like you got the homepage displaying the right stuff again.

As for the sales page, try this:

1. Go here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > CUSTOM VIEWS > Sale Items
2. For the Product list module, click the settings icon ( )
3. Under Product selection choose "Use custom query".
4. Save
5. Click the [Update Settings Only] button on your site.

That should fix it.

Eric
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:41 AM

Well, you were right, I din't have that checked, and it had some effect, but still not right. I did what you suggested and now my sale items page displays my "no items found" message.

Plus, the homepage is not right - although it says "featured products" it's actually displaying what should be showing on my sale items page (and notice, there are only 20 items total listed, when my store currently has over 500).

When I did this the first time and it looked right, the items you new see on the main page were the sale items and on the main page, the featured products started with an $800 Alabama/Bart Starr signed helmet.

Hope that helps...

Al
Old September 4th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I took a look at the products in your store and none of them are on sale. That's why you are getting the "no items found" message.

You can configure the order in which the items appear on your store's front page as well as how many items appear by modifying your settings here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > STORE FRONT PAGE > Default > Product list > Settings ( )

I made a video tutorial about this as well: http://www.datafeedr.com/videos?vide...rc=yt#videotop

Eric
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:12 AM

jeez - I hate when I'm at fault! That's what I get for messing with it when I had it working. There were sale products yesterday - I guess they made changes and my product update just reflect that. Yet (and forgive my newbie-ness), looking at my merchants site (link below), they have 27 sale items in their Packers store, including jerseys and hats, of which I am grabbing whatever they have. Does this mean their feed doesn't automatically include all of their items and is this the usual practice? Again, forgive the beginner questions...

http://www.fanatics.com/NFL_Green_Ba...rs/on_sale/yes
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Yes, their feed doesn't seem to include the sales prices.

I've written to the affiliate manager and asked them to update their feed.

Eric
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:32 AM

one more quick one I think I know the answer to. When I browse categories to, let's say, apparel->ladies->jerseys, it shows me men's jerseys. Is this because I have a subcategory named jerseys under mens? So subcategory names need to be unique throughout the store?
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

You are correct. I've outlined what to do here:

/show...9060#post19060

Eric
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:56 AM

Thanks Eric. Your software rocks and I appreciate your time!
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyal View Post
Thanks Eric. Your software rocks and I appreciate your time!
Thanks