Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old April 10th, 2012, 04:45 PM

Default Developer Recommendation

Hi,

Can you please recommend a developer who could help me fix the Facebook and Pinterest problem I'm having? When a user clicks the like button on the product page, it likes the homepage. The pinterest also doesn't show the image being pinned. My current dev is saying that he needs access to my apple account to fix this. Does that sound normal?

Any recommendations would be very helpful. Thanks!

-D
Old April 10th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

We plan on addressing this issue (or at least looking into it) in version 3.8.

We don't have a developer that we can recommend.

Access to your Apple account? That sounds very strange... unless your web site is hosted locally on your Apple computer.

Eric
Old April 10th, 2012, 06:14 PM

So does that mean there is no solution at this time? This is very important!
Old April 10th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I believe there is a solution but we haven't worked on this issue yet.

Eric
Old April 11th, 2012, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk3 View Post
Hi,

Can you please recommend a developer who could help me fix the Facebook and Pinterest problem I'm having? When a user clicks the like button on the product page, it likes the homepage. The pinterest also doesn't show the image being pinned. My current dev is saying that he needs access to my apple account to fix this. Does that sound normal?

Any recommendations would be very helpful. Thanks!

-D
Hi

I have like buttons on all my product pages and they work fine (the product images don't but that's for another thread ) You cannot put the same code on all the pages you need to use the facebook development tools.

Have a look at http://developers.facebook.com/docs/.../plugins/like/
Old April 11th, 2012, 07:07 AM

Thank you, digitalcow! So if the picture doesn't show up, what does? How long does it take to fix this issue?

I'm not a dev so I need help and the dev I work with now is a bit too pricey. Would you happen to know anyone?
Old April 11th, 2012, 09:29 AM

Sorry the picture image is not related to the facebook thing, it's probably just something i have broken on the website

Try this for the button, when it says page it means your product template page not your wordpress page

Include the JavaScript SDK on your page once, ideally right after the opening <body> tag.
PHP Code:
<div id="fb-root"></div>
<
script>(function(dsid) {
  var 
jsfjs d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
  if (
d.getElementById(id)) return;

js d.createElement(s); js.id id;

js.src "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1";

fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(jsfjs);
}(
document'script''facebook-jssdk'));</script> 

Add an XML namespace to the <html> tag of your document. This is necessary for XFBML to work in earlier versions of Internet Explorer.

PHP Code:
<html xmlns:fb="http://ogp.me/ns/fb#"
Place the code for your plugin wherever you want the plugin to appear on your page.

PHP Code:
<div class="fb-like" data-send="true" data-width="450" data-show-faces="false"></div
Give that a go and see how you get on
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:36 AM

Is this something you'd be interested in helping me with? freelancing? i'm scared i would mess it up since i don't speak code.
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:56 AM

Sorry I cant, too much on as it with running a couple of businesses and finishing a phd.

I'm not a coder either to be honest. It should be easy enough to do though. Trial and error is a great way to get the knack of things. If you take a backup in .txt file of your current code, make the changes in the factory and if it breaks just copy and paste from the backup version
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:30 PM

Phd..fancy!

Thanks for your help and good luck with your projects! If you happen to know anyone, please feel free to pass them on. I will give this a try and hope it works!

Old April 12th, 2012, 03:17 AM

I'm still having problems trying to figure this out to get to work ... and here is why:

I use Genesis which the pages are not editable (and/will get overwritten anyway on upgrades) and mostly has PHP pages in child themes that are style oriented. There is no HTML tag, and most functions are calls for wordpress scripts. Genesis does has theme controls that will insert code virtually in:

* The wp_head() hook which executes immediately before the closing </head> tag in the document source.
* The wp_footer() hook executes immediately before the closing </body> tag in the document source.

For your code below, the SDK script will probably work before the </body> even though it is suggested after the <body> but I think the problem is in the second code starting with <html ......" / where does this go?

The third code or derivative of that I know is in the Factory theme template.

Together - i'm still confused // but, hopefully v3.8 will come sooner than later, since we're still at v3.6

HART

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalcow View Post
Sorry the picture image is not related to the facebook thing, it's probably just something i have broken on the website

Try this for the button, when it says page it means your product template page not your wordpress page

Include the JavaScript SDK on your page once, ideally right after the opening <body> tag.
PHP Code:
<div id="fb-root"></div>
<
script>(function(dsid) {
  var 
jsfjs d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
  if (
d.getElementById(id)) return;

js d.createElement(s); js.id id;

js.src "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1";

fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(jsfjs);
}(
document'script''facebook-jssdk'));</script> 

Add an XML namespace to the <html> tag of your document. This is necessary for XFBML to work in earlier versions of Internet Explorer.

PHP Code:
<html xmlns:fb="http://ogp.me/ns/fb#"
Place the code for your plugin wherever you want the plugin to appear on your page.

PHP Code:
<div class="fb-like" data-send="true" data-width="450" data-show-faces="false"></div
Give that a go and see how you get on
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:26 AM

sorry but as Eric will agree, my coding skills are very limited. There is a website where you can get people to do things for $5 so may pick up a php expert on there on would spend 5 mins installing the facebook code. Worth giving it ago.

I installed mine myself but that was so long ago I have forgotten how. That coupled with being old (32)
Old June 19th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Datafeedr Team

Here's how to add the Facebook Like button to your Product Detail page: /show...2741#post32741