Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old April 28th, 2012, 10:54 AM

Default Change width of drop down menu

Hey,

I have an advanced filter in a widget on my sidebar. I was wondering how to increase the size of the price drop down menu to the width of the other input boxes so it looks more aesthetic.

I've tried:

Code:
  <p class="price">
   <label for="price">Price</label> [search.selectprice style='width: 195px;' options='Any Price, $0 - $50, $50 - $100, $100 - $150, more than 150 (150+)']
  </p>
but adding the style='width: 195px;' in the [search.selectprice] code doesn't seem to work.

Any other suggestions please?

Thank you.
Old April 28th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Datafeedr Team

What's the URL to page in question?
Old April 28th, 2012, 04:57 PM

Hey Eric,

The url is www.FriendsSuggest.com and the drop down I'm referring to is in the top of the left sidebar under the navigation menu.

I was going to put up another post but hopefully to save you some time while you're on my site anyways, there are a few questions I had:

1. Up until yesterday, when I would click on the button "Buy Now" (for example in the right sidebar) I would be redirected to Amazon. Now I'm getting a "Page is not found error". I've confirmed that my affiliate link and ID is working.

2. In the bottom footer, I have query posts (Popular and Recent) but whenever I'm on a datafeedr url, although the title is correct, the description is displaying what is on the datafeedr page. (My apologies, I'm still setting up my store so most of my links aren't working...for a comparison, you can compare the homepage to when you click "Blog" in the menu bar).

3. I've added a search widget on the right hand side of the menu bar. Right now it's searching only the titles but is there a way to have it search within titles, descriptions, merchants, etc. I find that some of the product names that amazon provides are not that descriptive.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you.
Old April 29th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

To make your drop down the full width, you can add the following code to your Custom CSS:

Code:
select {
width: 100%;
}
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsuggest View Post
I was going to put up another post but hopefully to save you some time while you're on my site anyways, there are a few questions I had:
Actually, it would be best to create a new thread for each question... it's actually a forum posting guideline. Creating new threads for issues makes it easier for us to provide faster and more accurate support.

Eric
Old April 29th, 2012, 10:40 AM

Thanks Eric.

I made a few modifications by adding a div so as not to affect the other drop down boxes on my site:

Code:
<p class="price">
  <div class="styled-select">
    <label for="price">Price</label>
      [search.selectprice class='qcksrch' style='width: 195px;' options='Any Price, $0 - $50, $50 - $100, $100 - $150, more than 150 (150+)']
  </div>
</p>
And then added this to the Datafeedr custom css:

Code:
.styled-select {
   width: 103%;
   overflow: hidden;
}
.styled-select select {width: 195px;}
I will post the other questions individually in the forum.