Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old April 25th, 2012, 02:28 AM

Default Are there any hooks available?

Hi,

I would like to code some custom plugins to display additional info on product pages (not related to the Datafeedr data, but related to the products)

I was looking around in the datafeedr.php but couldn't find any hooks really. Is there anything available where my plugin could hook into to display additional data on product single pages?
Old April 25th, 2012, 03:26 AM

PS: If there are none, how else can I achieve that? It's not possible for me to use views in the factory, it must work via plugin and theme files.

Tried to check if product->title is set but have no access to the product object. So yeah, how could I display content of my choosing inside the product info
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:13 AM

Sorry for all the posts here, but I can not edit my posts very long, so have to make new ones

Am I correct to assume I could simply make a custom page template and display my products there instead of using the datafeedr views, just by using custom queries against the data that is saved in the datafeedr tables?
Add new rewrite rules to wordpress for this template and then also have nice permalinks...?

Basically I would like to be able to completely customize how the products are displayed on my own site, by using my own code, plugins etc etc
And the data I'd need is saved in my database already, updated by datafeedr, and I would simply make custom queries/rewrite rules to display the products...

That the way to go?

Last edited by madsem : April 25th, 2012 at 04:19 AM. Reason: forgot to add something :)
Old April 25th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsem View Post
I was looking around in the datafeedr.php but couldn't find any hooks really. Is there anything available where my plugin could hook into to display additional data on product single pages?
There are no hooks built into Datafeedr as it is.

Quote:
Tried to check if product->title is set but have no access to the product object. So yeah, how could I display content of my choosing inside the product info
You do have access to the $product object in places where the product info is available. I've outlined those here: /show...1079#post31079

Quote:
Am I correct to assume I could simply make a custom page template and display my products there instead of using the datafeedr views, just by using custom queries against the data that is saved in the datafeedr tables?
Add new rewrite rules to wordpress for this template and then also have nice permalinks...?
Yes, this is possible though I don't know how simple it would be. As far as I know, there's no reason you can't do this.

Eric
Old April 25th, 2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

You do have access to the $product object in places where the product info is available. I've outlined those here: /show...1079#post31079

Eric
Tried from inside my plugin but can not access the object from there.

So I think I will go the page template route Thanks for your help!