Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old April 20th, 2012, 06:53 PM

Default Whole Store is now empty

Hey team

Would appreciate some information why every single product has disappeared from shop 37024

The sister shop to this merchant which is around different products is displaying everything okay.

ClixGlore merchant: Shop NZ

Site: http://www.holisticnz.com/Store - products from that page are not from this merchant but one of their sister merchants (same company)
Old April 20th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Most/all of your search subscriptions are limited to the merchant "Shop New Zealand". But "Shop New Zealand" only has a total of 21 products and your subscriptions are very specific, filtering out their products.

Eric
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi

Most/all of your search subscriptions are limited to the merchant "Shop New Zealand". But "Shop New Zealand" only has a total of 21 products and your subscriptions are very specific, filtering out their products.

Eric
ShopNZ had all those products showing under those serach terms for at least a month now, if not longer. Also the products are still showing on their own web site, so something must of happened to the datafeed.. 21 products - wow.

Not good at all - this also brings something else to light whih is when this sort of thing happens with datafeeds, we need to know really quick otherwise we have a blank store sitting up on the web.

Datafeedr must of done an update yesterday or overnight because the products were all showing yesterdayt NZ time.

I know what merchants do with their datafeeds are out of your control but this places us the affilate in a really bad place.
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:15 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcid View Post
ShopNZ had all those products showing under those serach terms for at least a month now, if not longer. Also the products are still showing on their own web site, so something must of happened to the datafeed.. 21 products - wow.

Not good at all - this also brings something else to light whih is when this sort of thing happens with datafeeds, we need to know really quick otherwise we have a blank store sitting up on the web.

Datafeedr must of done an update yesterday or overnight because the products were all showing yesterdayt NZ time.

I know what merchants do with their datafeeds are out of your control but this places us the affilate in a really bad place.
Okay I rebuilt the site using the other two datafeeds this merchants uses but not a very good result to do this. I intend to talk with this merchant next week as well.
Old April 20th, 2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Okay I rebuilt the site using the other two datafeeds this merchants uses but not a very good result to do this. I intend to talk with this merchant next week as well.
Another store I have using Shop NZ is also completely blank

Not sure what I can here as it is reliant on their datafeed. I have to leave this one as it is until Monday NZ Time and speak directly with the merchant themselves to see what is going on here.

Store 37030

Last edited by nzcid : April 20th, 2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old April 21st, 2012, 01:04 AM

Quote:
And now in this store there is a lot of dead products, meaning clicking on them goes to a product not found page on the merchants site.

Not sure how one can promote their products if they dont keep their datafeeds up todate.
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:10 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
And now in this store there is a lot of dead products, meaning clicking on them goes to a product not found page on the merchants site.

Not sure how one can promote their products if they dont keep their datafeeds up todate.
Who is the merchant and what network are they from?
Old April 21st, 2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Who is the merchant and what network are they from?
Hey Eric

Sorry should of followed the rules and put the shop id in which is 37024.

This is a clixgalore merchant but need to say here it is a sister site from the same merchant.

Meaning ShopNZ is their main site then they have these sister shops

Sheepskin NZ Shop
Honey Shop NZ

Because it appears there is some issue with ShopNZ datafeed I used these two shops that I am a listed affilated for as well with clixgalore.

But it appears Sheepskin Store NZ is full of dead products and the Honey Shop has some as well.

I am going to talk to this merchant directly tomororw myself as I am 5 minutes away from them here in NZ and see what the story is as this makes it impossible to promote their products.

You could see what was the date of their last update I guess to see whether you Datafeed should be bringing in their feed and making it available to your customers.

Dont get muddled with their other shops as they have Sheepskin Store US and Honey Shop US, I am not an affiliate of those and again they are shops aimed at those markets.
Old April 21st, 2012, 06:22 PM

<Website_Name>Shop New Zealand (NZ)</Website_Name>
<Last_Update>2012-04-16</Last_Update>

<Website_Name>Honey Shop (NZ)</Website_Name>

<Website_Name>Sheep Skin Store (NZ)</Website_Name>
<Last_Update>2012-04-19</Last_Update>

I don't know what products you're referring to but the Sheep Skin Store links I tried all work fine for me.

Can you update your store, then test your links and if still problems point me to some product pages that are not working for you?

Last edited by stefan : April 21st, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old April 21st, 2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
<Website_Name>Shop New Zealand (NZ)</Website_Name>

<Website_Name>Honey Shop (NZ)</Website_Name>

<Website_Name>Sheep Skin Store (NZ)</Website_Name>
<Last_Update>2012-04-19</Last_Update>

I don't know what products you're referring to but the Sheep Skin Store links I tried all work fine for me. Can you point me to some product pages that are not working for you?
Try this link

http://www.holisticnz.com/store/cate...ssum-clothing/.

All of the products displayed in that category are not found on their site.

The Honey Shop
http://www.holisticnz.com/store/category/clover-honey/

Not as bad

http://www.holisticnz.com/store/category/clover-honey/

First product top row, and top left - not found

I dont have the time to go through each product in each category to ensure they are are available.

Last edited by nzcid : April 21st, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old April 21st, 2012, 06:37 PM

I have screened out in the search that complete range of products as they all came from one manaufaturer Knights of New Zealand. I tested the links in the datafeer store and they all went to not found pages, hence me screening them out via the search term.

Last edited by nzcid : April 21st, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old April 21st, 2012, 06:56 PM

I confirm that the product links which redirect to "product not found" pages are products that are still available in the merchant's datafeed - hence they are still in our database.

Last edited by stefan : April 21st, 2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
I confirm that the product links which redirect to "product not found" pages are products that are still available in the merchant's datafeed - hence they are still in our database.
Greetings Eric

I have contacted this merchant and they are looking into why SHopNZ has only 21 products in it. Hopefully I get and answer today around this issue telling me they have uploaded a new feed into Clixgalore.

I intend going down to their premises though in the afternoon so to introduce myself and get to know these folks better and to have a deeper understanding of their aims etc.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
I have contacted this merchant and they are looking into why SHopNZ has only 21 products in it. Hopefully I get and answer today around this issue telling me they have uploaded a new feed into Clixgalore.
Actually the feed contains 51 products. But after removing duplicates from the feed we end up with 21 products after processing.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Actually the feed contains 51 products. But after removing duplicates from the feed we end up with 21 products after processing.
Hey Eric

Went down to the merchant premises here in Auckland and had a chat with the affiliate manager. She tells me that it appears to be a clixgalore issue in that when they uploaded the datafeed their clixgalore admin told them their datafeed containing x number of products had uploaded successfully, when it appears it has not. So they are trying to remedy the issue with clixgalore and hope to have it done by today NZ Monday.

They were not aware of the issue until they read my emails to them . They are accutely aware of the impact as they have a lot of affiliates worldwide and we are all in the same boat.

Also discussed that if they have major issues such as this why are they not talking to their affilaites direct via email notifying them of the issue and the time table to fix it. Surprisingly they had not thought of that or talking to their affiates direct when they have having promotions so they can take part in them if they so desire on their web sites.

I think out of all this I personally would encourage any affilate to try and build some sort of relationship with their merchants and if they are in the country they reside in and are able to visit them, I strongly suggest that they do so faces are put to names.

Prayfully this issue will be solved as soon as possible as I already noticed some big impacts in site stats etc on both web sites which is not good for me

From datafeedr end though I like to see and it is already in the features we would like to see forum that if this sort of thing happens to our shops we get and email telling us the datafeed has isuses.

Thanks for all your support though as I said before, you Guys rock for support and I tell others all about datafeer just on that one area
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:49 PM

Default Datafeed refresh please

Hey Team

Can Shop New Zealand's datafeed from clixgalore be refreshed please as they say the issue has been resolved.

Many thanks
Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Can Shop New Zealand's datafeed from clixgalore be refreshed please as they say the issue has been resolved.
New update is online.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
New update is online.
You are a star - BTW don't you ever sleep?