Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:11 PM
nzcid nzcid is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 404
Default Drip Feature Buy Now Button

Hey Team

This is the code in my drip view
Code:
<p>
  <a href="[product.url]" title="[product.name]" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
    <img src="[product.image]" alt="[product.name]" align="left" style="max-width:250px;margin:0 10px 10px 0" />
  </a>
</p>
<?php if(is_single()) { ?>
<a href="[product.url]" title="[product.name]" target="_blank" class="dfbutton dfgreen dflarge" rel="nofollow">Click To Buy</a>
<?php } ?>
What I am trying to do is get the buy now button to appear directly under the image. Currently it is showing to the right of the image on the page.

Last edited by nzcid : April 23rd, 2012 at 05:12 PM.
  #2  
Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:21 PM
Eric's Avatar
Eric Eric is offline
Datafeedr Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,902
Default

Hi

Remove the align="left" attribute from the image.

Eric
  #3  
Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:30 PM
nzcid nzcid is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi

Remove the align="left" attribute from the image.

Eric
Hey Eric.

Sorry that does put the button under the image but to the extreme left and then the text appear under the image when I want it to wrap to the right of the image.

Here is a link to the page it is on http://www.chinawholesalectronics.co...and-mp3-music/

I would like the button centered under the image
  #4  
Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:40 PM
Eric's Avatar
Eric Eric is offline
Datafeedr Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,902
Default

Hi

There's no easy way to center your button under your image. The only way I can think of is to use a table. http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp

Eric
  #5  
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:10 PM
nzcid nzcid is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi

There's no easy way to center your button under your image. The only way I can think of is to use a table. http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp

Eric
Thanks Eric with a little playing around I have got what I am looking for.

However:

My blog is set for the last post to appear on the front page and in this case this drip product is the last post.

So if you go here

http://www.chinawholesalectronics.com/

No buy now button

Go here which is the actual post page

http://www.chinawholesalectronics.co...and-mp3-music/

The button appears magically

Any ideas why as these drip feeds may very well end up on the main page for a period of time.

Last edited by nzcid : April 23rd, 2012 at 06:13 PM.
  #6  
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:13 PM
Eric's Avatar
Eric Eric is offline
Datafeedr Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,902
Default

Hi

You'll need to remove the <?php if(is_single()) { ?> and <?php } ?> which surround your button.

Eric
  #7  
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:25 PM
nzcid nzcid is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi

You'll need to remove the <?php if(is_single()) { ?> and <?php } ?> which surround your button.

Eric
Thanks - that code was already in that drip view so I presumed it needed to be there. However shows now and we will see how this goes.

Thanks for all the assistance.
  #8  
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:13 PM
1800HART 1800HART is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcid View Post
Thanks Eric with a little playing around I have got what I am looking for.

However:

My blog is set for the last post to appear on the front page and in this case this drip product is the last post.

So if you go here

http://www.chinawholesalectronics.com/

No buy now button

Go here which is the actual post page

http://www.chinawholesalectronics.co...and-mp3-music/

The button appears magically

Any ideas why as these drip feeds may very well end up on the main page for a period of time.
That's a pretty nice drip feed - did you alter the text in anyway? or, is that how the text comes from the affiliate company's datafeed?
__________________
| Shop @ HART Markets | Twitter |
  #9  
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:34 PM
nzcid nzcid is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800HART View Post
That's a pretty nice drip feed - did you alter the text in anyway? or, is that how the text comes from the affiliate company's datafeed?
Greetings Sir,

What I did in the drip view is delete the product description and I have added my own. Also put the drip code inside a table.

There was a lot of talk about duplicate content as that product is also part of the shop, hence me doing what I have done.

And thank you for your comment about the view, I certainly am happy with the way it turned out.
  #10  
Old April 25th, 2012, 03:03 AM
1800HART 1800HART is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcid View Post
Greetings Sir,

What I did in the drip view is delete the product description and I have added my own. Also put the drip code inside a table.

There was a lot of talk about duplicate content as that product is also part of the shop, hence me doing what I have done.

And thank you for your comment about the view, I certainly am happy with the way it turned out.
It is an interesting thing to do! Starting round "#3" with my stores, and to avoid the duplicate content issue, I have been using Eric's suggestion in the videos of drip feeding only a specific category in each store, that I created and selected products that are not in any of the other product categories. For the larger stores, it's not hard to do, but for the smaller niche stores where, basically it's just one type of product selection it gets to be tricky. I had a thought about just eliminating the hidden category and just do posts. Having it drip feed on a very slow basis, is one way of getting an idea what to post about - about what ever gets dripped! As I said .. interesting thing to do!
__________________
| Shop @ HART Markets | Twitter |
  #11  
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:12 AM
nzcid nzcid is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800HART View Post
It is an interesting thing to do! Starting round "#3" with my stores, and to avoid the duplicate content issue, I have been using Eric's suggestion in the videos of drip feeding only a specific category in each store, that I created and selected products that are not in any of the other product categories. For the larger stores, it's not hard to do, but for the smaller niche stores where, basically it's just one type of product selection it gets to be tricky. I had a thought about just eliminating the hidden category and just do posts. Having it drip feed on a very slow basis, is one way of getting an idea what to post about - about what ever gets dripped! As I said .. interesting thing to do!
I also watched the video that this mentioned. However I thought I take a different approach because that store is electronics and a tough market all in itself. So watching Google analytics I was able to determine what categories were the most popular amongst visitors. I then decided I would drip those cateogries ( 1 to begin with till I was happy with the result) and do what I have already described. This way I do not need to focus on hidden categories. The drip is very slow at the moment but I may change that over time.

Also the fact you may in my case be talking about a lot of products. Only downside to doing this is the fact the the product would sooner or later be withdrawn and then you have a dead post so to speak but that would affect any store using posts to promote products like I am doing here.

Also took in account something Mike Kane said about the sites he cares about all have unique content so in one of the hardest markets I thought I would adopt that approach and see if it increases traffic and sales.

There is also a post that Eric posted a very long time ago about Affiliate shops and their purpose which reminded me about what I am attempting to do with these stores, so a lot of what Mike Kane suggested makes a lot of sense and I have adopted most of his approach as well.

Timne and distance will tell and I need to give it time to see what happens, great things I pray .

Other thing Mike Kane has really assisted me personally with is deciding not to just keep putting stores up and hoping they all do well. So I decided I would concentrate of those already generating some sales and build them using all the right methods so they generate larger incomes. Down side datafeedr is that I have already deleted one store from my account as this a similar store using a dfferent merchant. May means also my subscription gets decreased but for the time being I left it as it is as Eric and his team give suberb faultless support and it is my way of supporting them.

Should start a little group who keep in touch with each other and help each other along as I see you are also putting a lot of effort into your stores.

Last edited by nzcid : April 25th, 2012 at 04:16 AM.
  #12  
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:26 AM
1800HART 1800HART is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcid View Post
Should start a little group who keep in touch with each other and help each other along as I see you are also putting a lot of effort into your stores.
I'm up for that, and know a few other datafeedr's that might be interested maybe we should start a closed FB group?

// added //

I think it would have to be a small group though, with those who want to get better results, nicer stores, more traffic, and share tips and success strategies ... I know some are quite one-way in their tip sharing (getting) and want to protect the identity and location of their store in fear that someone else will steal all their ideas and take away their market share or commissions ... I respect their privacy in an open forum, such as this - but beyond that (say if friends, or in PM, etc) it's hard to keep giving back if you don't get something back. I don't mind sharing at all, and if people want to copy me - so be it! However, I reserve the right to copy back, if they are doing a better job with my ideas
__________________
| Shop @ HART Markets | Twitter |

Last edited by 1800HART : April 25th, 2012 at 04:35 AM.
  #13  
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:33 AM
nzcid nzcid is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800HART View Post
I'm up for that, and know a few other datafeedr's that might be interested maybe we should start a closed FB group?
Do not like FB or any other social media - too much personal information available and it gives me the shivers how so many people willing entrust this information to someone like FB.
  #14  
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:39 AM
1800HART 1800HART is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcid View Post
Do not like FB or any other social media - too much personal information available and it gives me the shivers how so many people willing entrust this information to someone like FB.
Unfortunately, we live in a social (media) world ... if you are worried about your personal information - watch and set your privacy settings accordingly. Facebook is a great source of traffic to the stores .. people who are on facebook, tend to be on facebook a lot.

If you search Google for one of my old cell phone numbers - it's still there in the search, and I have removed every single mention on every possible domain and page I have ever created, and haven't had that number since 2007
__________________
| Shop @ HART Markets | Twitter |
  #15  
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:46 AM
nzcid nzcid is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800HART View Post
Unfortunately, we live in a social (media) world ... if you are worried about your personal information - watch and set your privacy settings accordingly. Facebook is a great source of traffic to the stores .. people who are on facebook, tend to be on facebook a lot.

If you search Google for one of my old cell phone numbers - it's still there in the search, and I have removed every single mention on every possible domain and page I have ever created, and haven't had that number since 2007
Mr Google is another issue However if you start one, send me the link and I will go from there as I do think it is important that we at least try and help each other. Been a bit of a bane with me that really successful marketers can be very, very closed. Hence I appreciated a lot of what Mike Kane has shared, just so much rubbish comes from the mouths of so called GURUS which do very little for you except cost you money.
  #16  
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:51 AM
nzcid nzcid is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcid View Post
Mr Google is another issue However if you start one, send me the link and I will go from there as I do think it is important that we at least try and help each other. Been a bit of a bane with me that really successful marketers can be very, very closed. Hence I appreciated a lot of what Mike Kane has shared, just so much rubbish comes from the mouths of so called GURUS which do very little for you except cost you money.
Another alternative here is to use Skype which I have already.
  #17  
Old April 25th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Eric's Avatar
Eric Eric is offline
Datafeedr Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,902
Default

Hi

If you guys want, I can start a private group for you here in the forums. There would be a group leader (one of you) who would control who does and does not have access.

I believe it will do what you want but I can't guarantee it.

Eric
  #18  
Old April 25th, 2012, 08:52 AM
1800HART 1800HART is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi

If you guys want, I can start a private group for you here in the forums. There would be a group leader (one of you) who would control who does and does not have access.

I believe it will do what you want but I can't guarantee it.

Eric
Thanks for generous offer Although I am quite familiar with vBulletin I still created a new (secret) Facebook group.

I would like to think that this forum - especially the members' private forum section - is one where everybody feels free to help one another by helping or answering questions if we know them, or offering insights, if we have experience to share. Even more so from past webinars and case studies from mKane et al. You offer a great product and service and this is a great support for the plugin and those who want to use the plugin (affiliates and vendors)

It's easy to get into a conversation in here and even 'go private' without realizing you are in a private forum ... and I think personally, if I can help or advise others or find answers to my questions that might help others as well - I'd rather keep it in semi-public in the members private forums than in a super-secret member hangout forum!

Despite the success that Michael has had with Datafeedr, and early potential of success of many of us using the plugins .. I would be surprised if there is a majority actually making serious coin. I like the idea of ~another~ offsite support group of like-minded Datafeedr customers and/or bloggers with Datafeedr stores that can get together and even support each other, or share tips toward our common goals of success so we can all join the ranks with the minority, make some serious coin too, and become the majority!

~~
If anybody is reading this and wants an invite to the newly created group .. you have to be my friend on facebook first before I can invite http://facebook.com/1800HART

> Should you join our group? I think the criteria would be that you should be willing to share your sites with everybody, share tips and resources with the group, brainstorm ideas among your fellow group members if they request or ask for help, and generally help one another and maybe even want to become better friends or acquaintances?
> I don't think anybody wants to replace of any such part of this forum because the intent was not to create another support forum for datafeedr members - but rather create a new social forum among friends .,.. and, well keep these forums nice and clean and clutter-free from our chatty-selves!
__________________
| Shop @ HART Markets | Twitter |

Last edited by 1800HART : April 25th, 2012 at 08:54 AM.
  #19  
Old April 25th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Eric's Avatar
Eric Eric is offline
Datafeedr Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,902
Default

Good point!

PS. Thanks for helping out in the forums lately!
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.