Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old March 3rd, 2012, 11:52 PM

Default Datafeedr disappears from the Tools menu

Hi Eric,
Me again! Same problem, differant site. Last time around you said "I deleted the dfr_ tables from your database, re-installed the plugin and all is good now". That worked, and I'd like to try and handle this myself, but which database? I saw several with dfr_tables... or do I just nuke all of them? How do I tell which database is for which site?
Old March 4th, 2012, 02:19 AM

Default a new twist

Okay, I figured out which were the databases I needed to clear, and did. Then reinstalled the plugin. I see the datafeedr under tools again. Then I put my id on the plugin page, when I went to update settings I get a WP message saying I don't have the necessary permisions, and now the datafeedr is gone from tools again! Help!
Old March 4th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Datafeedr Team

We are looking into this.
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

This should be fixed. Please upgrade your Datafeedr plugin to the newest version and then try again.

Eric
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:03 AM

Hi Eric,
New plugin loaded, store reloaded, but now the wp admin panel won't come up. From the browser, it appears to be endlessly loading.
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Which website did you upgrade your plugin? You should have upgraded to v3.5.3927.

Eric
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:42 AM

I installed to the website that's been giving me trouble for a while (cornercondomstore.com). I take it the new plugin is a "replacement" rather than an "upgrade" right? I installed the new one after removing the old one. And yes, I used 3927.
Old March 5th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

There's a problem with your site. For some reason, your server has problems connecting to the merchants server, http://www.undercovercondoms.com, in order to download product images. With many images on a page each connection takes a long time before being reset, that's why page loading hangs. We added a 2 second timeout for cURL connections, many images are still not available, but at least your pages are now loading. Since we have no problems connecting to that merchant from our computer, I guess this might be a webhost problem.

If you still find your images load too slowly, I would add direct='1' to all of your product tags in your views.

For example, this:
[product.image tag='1']

Would become this:
[product.image tag='1' direct='1']

That will display the product images directly from the merchant's server.

Eric
Old March 5th, 2012, 05:39 PM

I tried adding direct='1' to the tags, but still not loading images very well. I'll hit the webhost and see whats up.
THANKS!!!
Old March 5th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by capejt View Post
I tried adding direct='1' to the tags, but still not loading images very well.
Seems to be working great for me!

Eric
Old March 14th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by capejt View Post
Okay, I figured out which were the databases I needed to clear, and did. Then reinstalled the plugin. I see the datafeedr under tools again. Then I put my id on the plugin page, when I went to update settings I get a WP message saying I don't have the necessary permisions, and now the datafeedr is gone from tools again! Help!
Hi

This issue is fixed in version 3.6.

Eric