Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old June 5th, 2011, 05:15 PM

Question How can I add the ability for users to post their reviews on a product page?

I'm keen to allow my visitors to their own reviews on my Datafeedr provided product pages. Does anyone know of a good plugin that works well with Datafeedr to enable the comment box and turn it into a review box with ratings that are customisable by category.

I've spotted aid plugins like http://www.reviewpluginforwordpress.com/ but I don't know if it will be compatible with Datafeedr's WP plugins.

I wondered if anyone has tried this successfully or found and tested a better solution?

Thanks in advance!
Old June 5th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I don't know of any review plugin that is compatible with store products.

Eric
Old June 7th, 2011, 02:20 PM

Hi Eric

Thanks for letting me know. Do you at least know how I could unlock the Comments in a way that they could be used to capture basic 'reviews'. They seem to be switched off for Datafeeder product posts and there are no options I can find to switch them back on other than by editing a Post/product in WP. This seems to record comments on the product page but only post them on the store home page. Seems odd.

Thanks

Chris
Old June 7th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I guess you are referring to Dripped products. You can enable comments on dripped products here: The Factory > Your Store > Store menu > Drip Settings

But that will only affect products dripped in the future, not already dripped products.

Eric
Old June 10th, 2011, 07:41 AM

Hi Eric

I was referring to normal products - I hadn't dripped any at that point.

I have changed the setting to drip feed products and updated the comments there and will test but I don't necessarily want to drip feed products when I launch the site formally.

Chris
Old June 10th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

If your products aren't dripped, (ie. stored as Blog Posts), then there is nothing to "unlock" regarding comments.

Comments for products in your store is not a feature that exists or which can be unlocked. It is on our Features to add in the future list but we do not have an ETA for that.

Eric
Old February 23rd, 2012, 02:36 PM

Hi Eric,

I have the same problem. Comment fields are not showing up, no matter what I do.

Thank you,
Jimmie
Old February 23rd, 2012, 02:44 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi Jimmie

Welcome to the forums!

This is not a feature that we currently have.

Eric
Old February 23rd, 2012, 03:04 PM

Thank you Eric. But it is a normal function in wordpress.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 03:08 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

True, but we do not not rely on Custom Post Types to store product information. The "Store" is using separate database tables and functions than core WP posts and pages use.

Eric
Old February 23rd, 2012, 03:17 PM

Okay Good to know.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:19 PM

Hi Bucky

Product reviews would be a great source of unique content to help combat the Google Panda and is also great for engaging with your audience.

I managed to kind of get product reviews working by using the drip feed feature along with some fiddling with the URLs/redirections to redirect the product links in the store through to the dripped posts.

Dripped posts are more like normal posts so you can therefore use the comments fields and a plugin like GD Star Rating to let people add reviews of your products.

It's a bit hacky and I didn't progress any further than the example site in the URL below but with a bit of perseverance it may do what you need it to do.

PLEASE NOTE: the website in this is example is for adult products so don't open it in the office of your day job!!

http://www.wasitgoodforyou.com/linge...a-bra-reviews/