Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:22 PM
fitfirma fitfirma is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Default Column Width

Store ID: 35876
Website URL: www.fitfirma.com
URL to page in question: N/A

Hi, I am new to datafeedr, and so far I am liking everything. I have one question, which I could not quite find after searching the forum, so here it is:

On the homepage view, I have one full-width row at the top of the page; this shows only text, a basic welcome message. Under that I would like to have another row with TWO columns. On the left-side column, I would like to display only the category tree, and since it is quite long with all of our sub- and sub-sub- categories, that is all that column needs. So, for the second column on this second row, I would like to post a random products list, preferably using either a 2- or 3-column template. However, I would like this entire 2nd column to extend for the greater part of the page, either 66% or 75% of the right side of the page, because the first column (category tree column) does not need the full left half of the page.

So, basically I want a row with 2 columns, column #1 extending 25%, and then column #2 extending the remaining 75%. Or 33/66 would be nice too. I hope I didn't confuse you with my complicated form of explanation! I thank you so much in advance!
  #2  
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Eric's Avatar
Eric Eric is offline
Datafeedr Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,902
Default

Hi

There's no way to do that using our current module layout.

But you can do it another way...

You could add the following code to a Text module that spans the entire width of the View. In there you can add code like this:
HTML Code:
<div>
 
  <span style="width: 30%; float:left">
    [DFR:widget/Categories]
  </span>
 
  <span style="width: 69%; float:left">
    [DFR:Random Products]
  </span>
  
</div>
The first column will just pull your categories from your Categories Widget.

The second column you will need to create a new CUSTOM VIEW, add a product list module to the view, add the Template 1 snippet (either 2 or 3 columns) to the template area in the Product list module and then set the settings so that Random products appear.

After you have added the new Text module to your store's front page view and pasted in the code above and also created the new "Random Products" view and configured that view, you are off to the races.

Eric
  #3  
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Eric's Avatar
Eric Eric is offline
Datafeedr Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,902
Default

By the way, I'm using Shortcodes: http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/185
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
modifying the module column width bjbereit Questions 5 July 25th, 2011 09:06 AM
The Problem about Product list's width jasonman188 Problems 1 March 16th, 2011 08:26 AM
ERROR: mysql: Column length too big for column 'image' (max = 255); mwtonline Problems 1 February 18th, 2011 12:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.