Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 20th, 2012, 01:43 AM

Default Product Titles flowing into descriptions in content

Hi All:

store id: 35375
specific page:
http://fitforlifeatlast.com/store/tr...7800189673197/

If you look at the product descriptions, in both the featured product as well as related products, note that the product title is repeated in the content and flows directly into the description, with no space between name & description.
Is there a way to style that (or delete the duplication), or am I mostly at the mercy of the merchant & their data?

For an atrocious example, see:
http://fitforlifeatlast.com/store/tr...7800189668779/
Looks like a table got de-table-ized!

At this time, this is the sole merchant in my store (I'm trying to learn best practices before adding lots of products) so I cannot compare their data with another merchant's. My hope is that other merchant's data will 'flow' better.

Suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Markz

PS: I put store id & urls in both the post body here and the box above the post input form ... are both necessary or is one preferred over the other? (noobie-Q)
tx,mz
Old January 20th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
Is there a way to style that (or delete the duplication), or am I mostly at the mercy of the merchant & their data?
Unfortunately, you're mostly at the mercy of the merchant's data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
PS: I put store id & urls in both the post body here and the box above the post input form ... are both necessary or is one preferred over the other? (noobie-Q)
tx,mz
The box above does not get saved. I guess it's a little confusing. I will try to make that clearer.

Eric
Old January 20th, 2012, 11:00 AM

Hi Eric:
Thanks for the quick response. I figured that the quality of my data was dependent on the merchant's data ... GIGO. I'll not sweat it for the time being: my guess is that better merchants (on whose approval I'm waiting) will provide better data.

Inasmuch as the data in the box above post entries is not saved, do you prefer the data (when necessary) is placed in the post body? Having the URL in the post body benefits the forum in general so they can see what we're talking about... do you need it in the box above or is that just as an example?

Thanks,
Markz
Old January 20th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

No, just post the details in the post body. I will disable the ability to type in the box above the post box. Thanks for the feedback on that. I can see how that is confusing.

Eric