Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 19th, 2012, 07:04 AM

Default Create and customize comparison sets without a store???

Hi Eric, Stefan & everyone else

Ive just signed up for Datafeedr and am trying to work out it if can do what I need. System looks great, just dont understand it enough to make a call.

My main goal

Ive got several product review sites with review posts already in place and Id love to use your system to serve price comparisons in the review posts with my affiliate IDs embedded. Ive seen the video explaining how to do this, but I dont actually want the store. Is this possible or at least is there some way to hide it?

I think its going to confuse visitors to a review site who then see a store showing up too. Perhaps though I could set up a small store of accessories to the main products, then create hidden categories for the actual main products Im reviewing if its not possible to hide the store entirely, would this be a work round to allow me to list comparisons on my Wordpress review posts?

Special offers within the comparison set.

I saw that one of your product fields was [product.promo] => Product Promotional Text. Is there any way I could add this to a comparison set or is it just for the product listing. If you could have a quick look at this page on a site I found - http://supplementreviews.com/usp-labs/oxyelite-pro - the red text far right is what Im after.

Unlikely this one but Im going to ask anyway

Ideally, Id also like to serve a list of my reviews on each of my category pages. I understand Datafeedr can embed a category in a Wordpress post/page but normally its going to provide lists of products that will point to either the merchant or a product page set up by Datafeedr on my site. Is there any way to get each link to point to a manually defined url? Sorry if that is obviously not the case, but perhaps there is a way?

Thanks very much,

Stefan
Old January 19th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Welcome to the forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stzabeldf View Post
Ive got several product review sites with review posts already in place and Id love to use your system to serve price comparisons in the review posts with my affiliate IDs embedded. Ive seen the video explaining how to do this, but I dont actually want the store. Is this possible or at least is there some way to hide it?
You can just set your "Store" page to private and then that will hide the store from your users.

Quote:
I saw that one of your product fields was [product.promo] => Product Promotional Text. Is there any way I could add this to a comparison set or is it just for the product listing. If you could have a quick look at this page on a site I found - http://supplementreviews.com/usp-labs/oxyelite-pro - the red text far right is what Im after.
If the merchant has provided that information, then yes, you can display it in your comparison set. Or if they have not provided that info (and most do not), you can add it yourself to the product details. You can display any product parameter (as long as the merchant has provided it) in your comparison sets. That includes product images, prices, descriptions, merchant names and logos, etc...

Quote:
Ideally, Id also like to serve a list of my reviews on each of my category pages. I understand Datafeedr can embed a category in a Wordpress post/page but normally its going to provide lists of products that will point to either the merchant or a product page set up by Datafeedr on my site. Is there any way to get each link to point to a manually defined url? Sorry if that is obviously not the case, but perhaps there is a way?
Would the URL be the same for each product or a different URL for each product?

Eric
Old January 19th, 2012, 12:37 PM

Thanks very much for coming back to me so quickly.

I've changed the store page to draft in wordpress. I could still see it by typing in the url but when I logged out that wasn't the case so it looks like that's sorted it, thanks.

Just worked out how to add the [product.promo] field to a comparison set. As you say, it looks like it's rarely used - but I can see where you could add in your own promo text by editing that field in the product itself. Works perfectly!

For the last question, there would be a unique url for each product review post that I'd like to link to from my category page.

Thanks again, Stefan
Old January 19th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
For the last question, there would be a unique url for each product review post that I'd like to link to from my category page.
In that case, your best option is to input the unique/custom URL into an unused field (ie. the product code or model number or shipping information) for the product and then reference that field in your comparison set. That's probably going to be the easiest way.

Eric
Old January 19th, 2012, 02:38 PM

Will have a go at that, thanks again.