Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old December 2nd, 2011, 12:32 PM

Default Compare Items

boulderingwerx.com
boulderingwerx.com/store

I would like to add a compare function to the store. Essentially, when a person clicks on the "+" symbol I would like it to go to another page that has similar items from different merchants so the shopper can compare pricing. Is this possible without creating each page and feed manually?

Thanks!
Old December 2nd, 2011, 01:52 PM

I should be more specific. When you click the + symbol, I don't want it to be "similar items" I want it to be the "same" item but from different vendors that might be offering a different price...

Hope that makes sense.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Yes, we have a comparison set display but not exactly how you describe it. This video will provide more info:

http://www.datafeedr.com/videos?vide...rc=yt#videotop

Eric
Old December 2nd, 2011, 05:08 PM

I was aware of the comparison set, but it's not exactly what I am looking for. Essentially what I'd like to do is, have someone click the + sign and go to related products. I see there is a "Query String" is there someway to use that to generate search results for someone that clicked the + sign on a product?

For example, someone clicks the + sign on X five ten climbing shoe or the + sign on X la sportiva climbing shoe. Could the link generate a search query?

This may or may not be too custom, if so could you point me to a website for more information. I don't know what this function is called so it is hard to google for it...

Thanks Eric
Old December 2nd, 2011, 05:12 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Unfortunately, that's not possible. There's no real way to build dynamic comparison sets at this time.

Eric
Old December 3rd, 2011, 05:24 PM

Hey Eric,

Instead of a dynamic comparison set, can we create dynamic tag or search results? I feel like there has to be a way to utilize the plus button to generate some kind of search results... If not, thats fines I am just going to move on.

Thanks
Old December 3rd, 2011, 06:15 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Of course... there's already a built-in tag page. For example: http://yoga-blocks.co/store/tags/cork/

These types of pages already exist in your store by default.

Eric
Old December 5th, 2011, 10:15 AM

great, how would I go about assigning those pages to the + sign so if someone clicked the + button, it would automatically go to the tag pages relevant to that item? Can this be done?
Old December 5th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Datafeedr Team

Why not just display the tags on your pages? Just display the tag cloud for the product details.
Old December 5th, 2011, 12:05 PM

Mainly I'd just like to use the space. It seems simple it enough to link the button to a relavent tag page or a search page with relatent results. If it is a pain, I will just get rid of the button, no harm done.
Old December 5th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Datafeedr Team

But you'll need to use one of the tags as the 'relevant' search terms. So the tag cloud is probably best. Here's a video about that: http://www.datafeedr.com/videos?vide...rc=yt#videotop

Eric