Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old November 15th, 2011, 04:36 PM

Default Hundreds of affiliated

Can anyone offer advice on how to get approved and stay approved for all the merchants?

It seems I have to apply for hundreds of individual merchants in commission junction, webgains etc and often don't get approved or the approval expires. Links in my store then stop working.

Is it really this much work to keep on top of the affiliate feed or am I missing something?

I sen emails to support at CJ and webgains but never hear back.

Thanks, Jason
Old November 15th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Datafeedr Team

It seems like you've taken the right steps. Are you generating sales for those merchants? I imagine that's the one missing link here.
Old November 15th, 2011, 08:40 PM

Thanks Eric,

No sales yet but I'm in a competitive vertical - travel.

So it seems the process of applying for all the travel related merchants in CJ and webgains etc is the only way to try to keep my merchant links working that I add in the factory.

That is quite an arduous process to do and then maintain.
Old November 16th, 2011, 11:20 AM

I have found a good way to approved by a lot of merchants is to build a quality site with their industry rivals on. If you can show a website which looks good and makes them feel like rivals are gaining some advantage in their marketing, they will soon join.

With certain merchants it's worth emailing them to show them your site and highlighting some of the competitors you have it on. I find that I get accepted by 99% of the merchants who turned me down this way and many ask if I need any custom banners etc
Old November 16th, 2011, 04:42 PM

Thanks Digitalcow,

There are just so many merchants. Emailing them all is very time consuming, logistically complex to manage all the communication and tiresome to re-check the approval has not expired and stopped the links working in the store.

But it is what it is and it appears not much can be done about that.