Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old November 13th, 2011, 10:50 AM

Default Increasing product image display sizes

We want to increase the image display size of products on our website in 3 particular instances:

1. Homepage, with a 4-col layout, the images are tiny, 75px wide. On our particular site, we'd prefer to give the customer a bigger better experience, say 200225px wide.

2. On the product detail page, can we make the image display larger, say, 275325px wide?

3. Also on product detail page, the Related Products 3-col are 100px wide. We feel 150175px wide would be better here.

I see that the ACTUAL pixel size of product images is 600px wide, by whatever proportional height ratio. So it's not as though we'd lose anything in terms of load times...because your system is giving us large-pixel images even for the thumbnails! Hmm.

I'd really appreciate it if you can provide clear instructions for us to do this. We're NON-CODE people who can type, but don't understand code easily nor find by ourselves where/what to type!

Thanks for your assistance, folks.
Wb: BrentWilliamz.tel
Old November 13th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

As per the posting rules, can you please provide more information?

Thanks,
Eric
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:21 AM

Store ID: 34258
Website URL: http://backpacksgaloreworldwide.info

PS Site is draft only. Appreciate your help, folks, so we can move this one along.
Old November 14th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwz View Post
1. Homepage, with a 4-col layout, the images are tiny, 75px wide. On our particular site, we'd prefer to give the customer a bigger better experience, say 200225px wide.
This can be done by adding the following code to your Custom CSS.
Code:
/**
 * Increase size of images in 4 column layout
 */
#view .pl .col4 .thmb {
  height:210px;
  width:200px;
}
#view .pl .col4 .thmb img {
  max-height:200px;
  max-width:200px;
}
Quote:
2. On the product detail page, can we make the image display larger, say, 275325px wide?
This can be done by following the instructions on this page: http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/171

Quote:
3. Also on product detail page, the Related Products 3-col are 100px wide. We feel 150175px wide would be better here.
This can be done by adding the following code to your Custom CSS.
Code:
/**
 * Increase size of images in related product
 */
#view .pl .col3 .thmb {
  height:160px;
  width:150px;
}
#view .pl .col3 .thmb img {
  max-height:150px;
  max-width:150px;
}
Eric
Old November 14th, 2011, 10:00 AM

Yo' da Man, dude!

And my better half thanks you for that, because she's da Lay-dee Dazynah.

Much appreciated, Eric, will get onto it right away
Old February 26th, 2012, 08:13 AM

Hello, Eric, Stefan

I've finally got back to my query above. I did what Eric suggested & also followed the other thread accurately (as far as I can see) but it didn't QUITE work.

By that I mean the images are slightly larger but not to the pixel sizes as specified in the Custom CSS code additions. On the homepage they're now 120px sq. Hmmm...

Please have a fresh look at BackpacksGaloreWorldwide.info & you'll see what I mean. The vertical space the images reside in appears to be the specified 210px.

(On our other DF site BackpacksRucksacksInternationalDelivery.info, I've left the images at the standard DF sizes for comparison.)

I can provide temp WP login if you need it, & also paste the Custom CSS code in this thread. Let me know, folks.

Is the Custom CSS code correct? Is anything else affecting the display size of the product images & the space around them? How can I fix this?
Old February 26th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

The images you've chosen to display on that page are actually 120x120 pixels in size:

If you stretch the image via CSS, it will look very bad.

But, on those pages you are using the thumbnail. If you need more image, then use the regular size image. As you can see, it's larger:

To make your store front page use the large image, change [product.thumbnail to [product.image in your Store's Front Page view > Product list module.

Eric
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
The images you've chosen to display on that page...
Actually, Eric, I DIDN'T choose to display those images. Your default Datafeedr product settings did!

They're preset to "product.thumbnail" when we create a store & I hadn't found any easy, clear reference to this fact until you mentioned it here.

Which is exactly what I wanted to know when I started this post.

So maybe I should just laugh off my frustration & say, "Thanks", for finally telling me what I wanted to know.

It's done. It works nicely now.

PS
Quote:
... are actually 120x120 pixels in size: If you stretch the image via CSS, it will look very bad. But, on those pages you are using the thumbnail. If you need more image, then use the regular size image. As you can see, it's larger:
Haha, may I say, mate, when sizing/resampling images, "Don't tell your grandpaw how to suck eggs!"