Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old September 20th, 2011, 09:20 AM

Default Adding Short Code To Posts

Is it possible to add short code to posts where the buy now links will not re-direct to my store page and go straight to the merchant store?

I am not displaying a physical store on my website as I am writing articles and adding a short code to display which merchants sell the product I am promoting. I noticed when I added the comparison short code, it brings me back to my store page which is totally blank.
Old September 20th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Yes, you can add short codes which are links directly to the merchant's site.

First you need to create a custom view. Let's call it "product link".

Then you add a Product Detail module to it.

In the Product Detail module template area, add this:
HTML Code:
<a href="[product.url]" class="dfbutton dforange dflarge" title="Buy this product" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Buy</a>
Then in your posts, where you want the link to display, just add this: [product link?p=1111111111111]. Change 1111111111111 to the actual product ID.

That's it.

Eric
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:11 PM

Hello Eric,

Thank you for replying back.

I added the short code in visual mode which shows the code on my website when I click to preview my post. Then I moved the short code into "html" mode and it still displays the code on my website when I click to preview my post. I decided to update my products and settings and received this message:

ERROR: bad_download (bad_header) error:871,call.updater.read_shop_update_chunk:764, bgupdate:0,call_user_func_array:864,call..bgupdate :3703
bgupdate: memory: 262144 time: 5.074
bgupdate: FAILED

Could you please tell me what would cause this? Within the past couple of days I've upgraded to VPS hosting but did check to make sure my website was working within SWAMP mode.

I'd like to know what html code would I need to include in my Comparison Set (and where would it go) to directly link to merchant stores within my article post?

Thank you,
Erin
Old September 21st, 2011, 06:10 AM

Hi Eric,

I was able to get the store working by reading a curl post. Thank you. How do I not display my "store" address bar before it directs to the merchant's website?

The short code didn't work without your DFR html code and I see a Buy text link and not the button feature. This is what I placed in my post.

[DFR: Product Link?p=1637900487732721]

I am not seeing a merchant logo displayed for Buy.com and the product link directs me to their home page instead of the product page.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Erin
Old September 21st, 2011, 08:32 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi Erin

I would like to help, but it seems you are addressing about 4 or 5 different issues in this one thread and it's very confusing. They are getting mixed together and I'm not sure what exactly pertains to the original issue of adding a link to your posts.

Please have a read of the posting rules: /show...6527#post16527

Then please reply with any information related to the first question in your first post (embedding a link in a post).

For all other issues, please open new threads.

Eric
Old September 22nd, 2011, 07:36 AM

Sorry Eric, I've re-posted questions and have kept the topics separate.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 09:35 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin View Post
Sorry Eric, I've re-posted questions and have kept the topics separate.
Thanks!