Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old September 7th, 2011, 05:03 AM

Default How are product pages indexed?

Currently i cant see anyway that a product page can be indexed? I also cant see how you would control meta tags either?

The only products pages i can se indexed are the drip feeds. http://www.freakfish.co.uk/surf-prod...e-wax-remover/

There doesnt seem to be any meta control with the drip feeds either?

I underatnd that the site map is coming soon, but will this allow indexing of the actual product pages, and will the be full meta control. Without meta control the product pages are useless.

Using both is duplicate content, so those who have used drip feeds like myself will have to deindex the drip feeds pages
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Datafeedr Team

Yes, product pages can be indexed. In fact, I can see hundreds of your product pages indexed in Google here.

Also, when I look at those pages, I can see that most of your <title>'s are taken up with the same phrase: "Ride On Surf Product Comparison Website". That's not good for SEO at all. You are using over 60% of the space allocated for the <title> to display the same thing over and over again.

You can edit your <title> tags and meta tags for product detail pages here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > PRODUCT DETAIL > Default > View menu > View <head> Elements.

Eric
Old September 7th, 2011, 10:07 AM

My site map generates fine. I use http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/ and their premium unlimited generator for large stores. The only caveats are that you must have your store privacy settings turned to let search engines crawl the site and for some reason turning All in one SEO off on the store page makes it work.

For larger stores before you buy check the web version works first.

I used to use Softplus Gsitegrawler which is free and runs from your computer but needs more filtering of parameters etc to make a clean xml sitemap file.

I hope these help.
Old September 7th, 2011, 03:37 PM

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply.

Can i ask how i would get rid of "Ride On Surf Product Comparison Website"?

Also not that sure how this controls each product page?

The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > PRODUCT DETAIL > Default > View menu > View <head> Elements.

I get this code?

<title>[product.name] | [category.name] | </title>
<meta name="description" content="[product.description]" />
<meta name="keywords" content="<?php echo str_replace(' ', ',', $product->name); ?>,<?php echo str_replace(' ', ',', $category->name); ?>" />

Last edited by macfink : September 7th, 2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old September 7th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Datafeedr Team

Your theme's header.php file controls what appears in the header and has probably hard coded your site's title into the <title>.

Check your header.php file to see what's between <title> and </title>.
Old September 7th, 2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Your theme's header.php file controls what appears in the header and has probably hard coded your site's title into the <title>.

Check your header.php file to see what's between <title> and </title>.
I have this?

<head profile="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="<?php bloginfo('html_type'); ?>; charset=<?php bloginfo('charset'); ?>" />

<title><?php bloginfo('name'); ?> <?php wp_title(); ?></title> do i just take this out?

Last edited by macfink : September 7th, 2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old September 7th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Datafeedr Team

Basically, your title tags just say, "Site Title, Page Title".

Try changing that to this:

<title><?php wp_title(); ?></title>
Old September 16th, 2011, 01:29 AM

When do you expect to release your sitemap that will include the products?
I tried using xml-sitemap tool, but it is simply to slow. Each one of our pages has around 30k products. We also tried using Inspider sitemap tool, which works much faster, but it ended up looping into the price range, page numbers, brands, merchants, & tags and this just created and endless amount of extra data. I tried adding no follow tags, but noticed they do not appear, any suggestions?
Old September 16th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Datafeedr Team

We are planning on launching Version 3.3 this month which will have the sitemap feature.
Old September 20th, 2011, 12:54 PM

MacFink, have noticed the same as you while charting client's success, most unusual. XML sitemap feed by RavenH can't find where the stored product pages are, despite stating will find all outside of WP and Google XML Sitemaps can't find it either.

I'm surprised took me so long to find this huge SEO error but good to read will be solved in an update this month, do you know exactly when so I can clear the day and ensure sitemaps get sorted on all my clients sites? As I'm currently building another 50. Will this be an all encompassing datafeedr WP sitemap, as in, I don't need anything else to get the job done for entire site page post inclusion?

Thanks for the feedback, all my clients sales come through the drip which is woefully inadequate on the sales forecast sheet, datafeedr store pages need and must work in the same manner. I was about to try and upload sitemaps to google as well as do a cache version on normal url, however if your sitemap, which is so crucial to operations is incoming in the next seven days then I'll wait. Do you have a precise date?

Thanks
Lee

PS: The Datafeedr category doesn't even show as a category to add to scan in the plugin but I know datafeedr is a latch on product not a build in.

Last edited by bigcroc : September 20th, 2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old September 20th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Datafeedr Team

We hope to release 3.3 by the end of the month. It might be the beginning of October... Anyway, it's nearly ready. Just squashing bugs and optimizing now.
Old September 20th, 2011, 01:04 PM

Ok, thanks, as you well know Christmas is coming and I need to find a solution for this sitemap issue. What will it enable, uploading to webmaster tools as well as reside as sitemap.xml for the entire domain?

Lee
Old September 20th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

The sitemap for your store will be separate from your blog's sitemap. The URL will be of your choosing.

You will be able to upload the sitemap to webmaster tools.

Eric
Old September 20th, 2011, 01:16 PM

Ok, thanks, I know it's a bit late but if you somehow made it accessable as sitemap.xml and workable with WP on the whole and external site (all inclusive), maybe that would be better but might take more writing of code so will accept current offering.

Really looking forward to this as I know merchant sales should be much much higher, I'm already turning one clients rev into 5000 in YR two so shouldn't complain but merchant sales in my view should be higher without much more effort.

I'm guessing a link will automatically go in robots.txt to advise spider to take a peak and get a move on and index all within?

Thanks, know you said three weeks but next week would be blinding ha
Lee
Old September 23rd, 2011, 09:00 AM

So we finally came up with a working site map solution. We are using Inspyder Sitemap Creator. It was able to process 30k sku in about 5 hours. To get it to work properly, you must exclude the following pages
*?price=*
*?brand=*
*?merchant=*
*/tags/*
*/search/*

After attempting over a dozen methods, this is the one that works. The only other issue left is the ability to create a product feed to submit to the shopping engines. I personally do not understand what the issue is with exporting the product data.