Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old August 26th, 2011, 08:08 PM

Default How to Edit Products that Display within a Category Listing?

Store ID: http://factory3.datafeedr.com/feeder/shop?shop=33345
Store page: http://coolgearguy.com/?q=store/category/tshirts/

If you go to the store page URL listed above you will see that in my Tshirts sub-category, the first product that displays is titled "QA Test Item 3" . This has been included in my Datafeedr Saved Product Search for this category. Also you will see that the other products displaying on that page are "subscriptions", "gift vouchers" and similar. These have all been included in the results of my saved search which was for "T-shirts".

(1) Is there any way to filter these types of products (including the test item mentioned) OUT of datafeedr product search results?

(2) If not, is there a way I can edit them out individually either in WP or in the Datafeedr saved search?

Thanks,
Old August 26th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Yes, that is easy to do. Plus, I don't think you need 3 search subscriptions to create 1 category. I created a test category in your store named "TSHIRTS TEST" where I created 1 subscription and add all t-shirts with that 1 subscription.

See image below and check out the test category.

Old August 27th, 2011, 01:42 PM

Hi Eric, thanks for getting back to me.

You have said "Yes, that is easy to do." but you don't go on to explain how it is done?

I have looked at your Test Search and I am wondering if this is your answer on how to filter OUT certificates, subscriptions and gift cards as per my question? Do I not put them in " " ? What about the "QA Test Item 3"? How do I filter that OUT.

Also, your search returns 697 products mostly from 1 x merchant only. This is why I used the 3 x searches because one search across all three merchants was losing results from the other two merchants. As you can see with my 3 x searches I have 1092 records returned.

Eric, I can now see that a product can be blocked from the store from the bottom of its returned records box. I'm wondering how to locate that product within all the returned records? As per my original question, this "QA Test Item 3" and all these "subscriptions", "gift vouchers" and similar that I DON'T WANT to display in my store, appear at the beginning in Word Press but I don't know where the heck to locate them in the search records in Datafeedr. I assume I need to locate them in Datafeedr in order to block them?

I hope you are understanding my question.
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgearguy View Post
I have looked at your Test Search and I am wondering if this is your answer on how to filter OUT certificates, subscriptions and gift cards as per my question? Do I not put them in " " ? What about the "QA Test Item 3"? How do I filter that OUT.
No, you do not have to put them in quotes. I'm simply using the negative sign and the pipe sign to exclude a list of terms.

-certificate|subscription|gift just means "don't include" certificate OR subscription OR gift.

If you click on search tips above right on the search form or check the docs, you can find more documentation and explanation about searches.

http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/159
http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/162
http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/163

Quote:
Also, your search returns 697 products mostly from 1 x merchant only. This is why I used the 3 x searches because one search across all three merchants was losing results from the other two merchants. As you can see with my 3 x searches I have 1092 records returned.
Yes, you have over 1,000 products but as you already stated, many of them are not shirts. Plus, you have not searched on a keyword such as teeshirts for 2 of your subscriptions so if 2 of your merchants provide products that are not actually teeshirts, they will still be included in your store.

But by loosening up the search by performing the "positive" search on the Keyword field, I was able to pull in over 1,300 products from all merchants.

Quote:
Eric, I can now see that a product can be blocked from the store from the bottom of its returned records box. I'm wondering how to locate that product within all the returned records? As per my original question, this "QA Test Item 3" and all these "subscriptions", "gift vouchers" and similar that I DON'T WANT to display in my store, appear at the beginning in Word Press but I don't know where the heck to locate them in the search records in Datafeedr. I assume I need to locate them in Datafeedr in order to block them?
How did the "QA Test Item 3" product get in there? Did you add it as a custom product? Remember that everytime you make a change to your categories or the products within those categories, you must update your store from within your site by going here: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr and clicking the [Update Products and Settings] button.

Eric
Old August 27th, 2011, 04:06 PM

Okay Eric, thanks. This explains everything and answers my question.

I'll delete my 3 x saved search category and go with your new Test Search as my category for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
How did the "QA Test Item 3" product get in there? Did you add it as a custom product? Remember that everytime you make a change to your categories or the products within those categories, you must update your store from within your site by going here: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr and clicking the [Update Products and Settings] button.
Eric
"QA Test Item 3" got in there as a record in my T-shirtOutlet Affiliate Program search. I had no reason to add it as a custom product (heck I don't want in in there!). Hopefully, it's not in your TSHIRTS TEST search results also but I guess it's difficult to tell for sure(?). Yes, I'm aware of the WP updater.

FYI, I added ClickBank and another merchants to your new test search that weren't there previously so this may have made some difference to the numbers returned. I know that ClickBank returns blanks that need to have info added. It's not so bad if ClickBank records appear at the beginning of the returned search because then I can identify them for blocking from store OR keeping and adding more info. It's not so good if they return somewhere in the midst of 1000+ records however. Anyway, I guess they should appear under statistics and then I'll know if I've located them all or not(?).

Thanks again.

Tom