Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 07:11 AM

Default blocking items

Shop ID: 33015
www.bigchunkyjewellery.co.uk

What do other users do about blocking items? I find it frustrating that if I press block from store whilst doing a search the item doesn't go when I save the search, it seems the only way is to block it from the full list. How do you get round this - am I missing something? I've been modifying the search filter but it doesn't always work (e.g. I tick for images only but still get items with no image available.)

many thanks, Susan Heath
Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkyjewellery View Post
What do other users do about blocking items? I find it frustrating that if I press block from store whilst doing a search the item doesn't go when I save the search, it seems the only way is to block it from the full list. How do you get round this - am I missing something?
Usually you can remove unwanted products from a search by modifying your search query and using stricter search parameters.

See search operators here: http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/163

If you really can't filter out products added by your subscriptions, you could create a new subscription and set it up to remove products from the category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkyjewellery View Post
I've been modifying the search filter but it doesn't always work (e.g. I tick for images only but still get items with no image available.)
A lot of merchants do provide placeholder images when no product image is available or do provide broken image URLs.

That's the reason why you still may see products with no images in your search results when ticking the checkbox "product has image".
Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:24 AM

Thanks for the reply, Stefan, the second part's very helpful. The problem is if I've got hundreds of e.g. necklaces then some of them are chunky and fit the store and a lot of them aren't so I don't want them there. I've tried barring words and that works where the word is in the tag but not in the description. In one case I ran out of space for barring words! I'll keep trying different methods - thanks again for prompt assistance.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:23 PM

Default How can you negative filter multiple product items out and save 1 subscription?

I am a having problems with filtering products down to only what i want.

rock climbing shoes is easy since its pretty specific. But what do you do when you :
IE:batteries, cases, screens etc.

I just want "laptops" between $125 and $550 dollars. Not all the rest of the stuff. "laptops in quotes does not filter it enough.

I tried filtering out using -case or -battery. under the keywords, decriptuion and products filters... which allows me to block one of the results but not several. How do you filter out everything your want until you get only what exactly you need? With thousands of products getting returned, manually going thru the sorted listed an blocking from the category, really isnt a option.

Could you please explain how to really filter out what you don't need? None of the videos explain how to filter out multiple items.

Please advise ,Thank you!
Old August 24th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Well, that one was not so easy. I first tried just doing a search on the 'product name' field for "laptops|notebooks" but got all the accessories. Then I tried filtering the results by adding -bags|cases|batteries|screens ... etc to the product name field and the keyword field. That was much too tedious.

So I tried again using the tags field. It seems that all the computers that you want are either tagged with "laptops" or "notebooks". Since the Tags field can't use search operators such as the pipe symbol (|) for OR statements, I had to create 2 search subscriptions: 1 for laptops and 1 for notebooks. First I created the laptop subscription and then duplicated that subscription to create the notebooks subscription.

I left the subscriptions set up in your store under the category "TEST". Have a look. Here's what it looks like though:

Eric
Old August 24th, 2011, 09:56 AM

Default Filtering Problem Solved!

Eric, That did it precisely! Thank you!

By entering laptops in the: tag field
and entering -books|screens|case|bags|accessories|battery in the: keyword field,
That totally narrowed down to what I wanted.

I should have asked earlier, instead of wasting 2 days trying to figure it out. I really think you need a PDF or video explaining how to use the filters. I'm fairly good with this stuff. But it wasn't clear that you needed to enter the negative query string as: -word|word|word etc

There is a learning curve to this system, but it becomes clearer as you understand how the modules/views work. I can see this as being a amazing system once its is mastered.

2nd Question:
Now can you explain to me how to make the store a static first page if desired on word press?

You cant do it the usual way under static page under reading. The Store doesn't show up as a post or a page, so I don't see how I can make it my static front page if desired.

On some of my stores I want it so that when you go to my domain. The store comes up as my main page.

Please advise.

Thanks~Steve
Old August 24th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller1 View Post
Eric, That did it precisely! Thank you!

By entering laptops in the: tag field
and entering -books|screens|case|bags|accessories|battery in the: keyword field,
That totally narrowed down to what I wanted.

I should have asked earlier, instead of wasting 2 days trying to figure it out. I really think you need a PDF or video explaining how to use the filters. I'm fairly good with this stuff. But it wasn't clear that you needed to enter the negative query string as: -word|word|word etc
Glad it worked for you. I will be releasing a video in a few weeks covering this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller1 View Post
2nd Question:
Now can you explain to me how to make the store a static first page if desired on word press?

You cant do it the usual way under static page under reading. The Store doesn't show up as a post or a page, so I don't see how I can make it my static front page if desired.

On some of my stores I want it so that when you go to my domain. The store comes up as my main page.

Please advise.

Thanks~Steve
Please read the posting rules regarding multiple issues in one thread.