Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old July 7th, 2011, 12:58 PM

Default Waiting for a response from Datafeeder...

Hello Datafeedr,

Like your product a lot, but seems after adding a number of products to my category based on a number of different product searches performed, it appears in my status bar that I am "Waiting for a response from Datafeedr..." which inevitably times out; then I have to close the window and return to WP to load the Factory again to conduct the same search and add the products again. This happens after I click the save button.

Is there any action on either of our part to resolve this issue? I am wondering whether you your servers can handle the load, or if there is a limit to the number of products in a category I can add without this happening.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks much,
Sandra
Old July 7th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

The servers aren't having any problems as far as I can tell. Does this happen every time you click the [Save Search] button or just occasionally?

Can you see if the problem happens in another browser?

On a side note, I did see some of your subscriptions and you might take a look at the Good and Bad way of setting up your subscriptions.

Eric
Old July 7th, 2011, 03:18 PM

Hi Eric,

I think it has to do with the way the subscription is set up then, and I will have to change that. The reason I set it up that way is because one or two searches does not yield same to similar items on different sites; naming is different.

Thank you.
Old July 8th, 2011, 12:21 PM

Hello : )
I changed the way the subscriptions are set up with only one subscription per category, but no luck on how navigation speed within the Factory; still waiting and waiting and "Waiting for a response from Datafeedr..." between each change.

Also, my site is also very sluggish when loading or refreshing the store on the Web, i.e. as I select each category; (not other sites I might search on the Web).

Please help.

Thank you,
Sandra
Old July 8th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Can you please try the Factory in another browser?

Eric
Old July 8th, 2011, 02:30 PM

Eric,

Wow! Faster Factory navigation in Firefox, and also when loading and navigating site online! Not too sure how people who use IE will enjoy the site however, if it takes forever to load and navigate; what do you think about this?!?

Thank you : )
Old July 8th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Datafeedr Team

What version of IE were you using?
Old July 18th, 2011, 07:58 PM

Internet Explorer 9 - NOT a good idea!!! IE9 performance issues (crashes, freezing) are well documented across the Web. Steps I am testing to hopefully resolve: 1) Disabling Add-ons. 2) Reset IE settings 3) Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.

In addition, I downloaded Chrome, which seems to be pretty fast...

Wordpress 3.2.1 Admin bar is consuming system resources so I disabled it by performing the following:

Opened the functions.php file in my theme, and pasted the following code at the end of the file (remove the commenting /** .. */):
/**
function hide_admin_bar_settings() {
?>
<style type="text/css">
.show-admin-bar {display: none;}
</style>
<?php
}

function disable_admin_bar() {
add_filter( 'show_admin_bar', '__return_false' );
add_action( 'admin_print_scripts-profile.php', 'hide_admin_bar_settings' );
}
add_action( 'init', 'disable_admin_bar' , 9 );

*/
I then saved and replaced the file in the server, and it seems I have a more responsive Admin Dashboard now!

However, presently I do not have an opportunity to see whether this will solve the issue I had while running Datafeedr in WP 3.2.1. (Please refer to my private message.)

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
Sandra
Old July 18th, 2011, 08:06 PM

P.S. Earlier, I had uninstalled and re-installed WP thinking it may have been my installation.