Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old May 6th, 2011, 06:57 AM

Default Store Won't Complete Product Update

www.thekitchentool.com
store id = 30751

Hi,

I upgraded my Datafeedr plugin last night and initiated a product update which got to "downloading packet 7 of 23" which I left running when I went to bed thinking it would complete eventually. But this morning, it was still showing the same packet number. I clicked 'cancel' and have initiated another update. Right now it says 'downloading packet 6 of 23' and hasn't moved from there. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Melissa
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Try this:

1. Cancel any currently running updates.

2. Reload this page: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr

3. If an update still appears to be running after doing steps #1 and #2, repeat steps #1 and #2 until no updates appear to be running, then continue to step #4.

4. Go here: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr > Debug and change the Packet Size to 500 like this:

5. Go here: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr > Debug and click this [Reset] button:

6. Then click the [Update Products and Settings] button and leave the browser window open until the update completes.

I just imported your store into my test site without a problem.

Eric
Old May 6th, 2011, 04:25 PM

Thanks Eric, I did all that and it was at package 3 (out of 23) for at least an hour. So I cancelled it (told me, 'Operation completed successfully.'), reloaded the Datafeedr tool, reset the log, and then initiated the product and settings update again - it went right back to package 3, so I'm guessing it never really cancelled. Did this a couple of times and it would always go back to package 3. I guess I can't seem to tell if it has actually cancelled. Is there something else I can try?

Thanks,
Melissa
Old May 6th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Datafeedr Team

Can you try repeating the steps from above but add 1 additional step between step 5 and step 6. Between step 5 and step 6, click this button:

Old May 7th, 2011, 09:12 AM

Tried that but the 'Store is updating' progress bar now just says 'Waiting...' but never moves forward from there and now the store has no products.
Old May 7th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Can you PM me the following information:

BLOG LOGIN INFO with ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSIONS (Temporary login information preferred)
Admin URL:
Username:
Password:

FTP LOGIN INFORMATION (Temporary login information preferred)
Host:
Login:
Password:

Thanks,
Eric
Old May 7th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by meperez View Post
Tried that but the 'Store is updating' progress bar now just says 'Waiting...' but never moves forward from there and now the store has no products.
Hi

When I logged into your site, it was at packet 7 or 8 of 23. It ran for about 2 minutes and completed... I didn't do anything. I'm not sure why it wasn't working for you. Now all of your products are back.

Eric
Old May 7th, 2011, 10:10 AM

Does the update process do any processing on the client which initiated the run? Could it have something to do with my laptop that I'm using? I noticed that I still seemed to have an update running on my blog admin datafeedr tool window that indicated it was on packet 2 of 23. So I cancelled that. I'm glad my store is back up with products now but I'm concerned that when I need to update the store again, the process won't complete. I guess we'll find out. Thanks for your help!
Old May 7th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

We are looking into this issue from our end. I will update you with anything we find out.

Eric
Old May 9th, 2011, 07:21 PM

Hi Eric,

I decided to give the Update Products and Settings a try again, initially the system response was "waiting..." and the status bar never moved, so after 20 min or so, I cancelled that, went to Debug, reset the log and the initiated the update again. It went right into downloading packet 3 of 23 - interestingly same point where I was when I last cancelled on this thread this past weekend. Anyway, it still hasn't moved past that point - I didn't want to lose the products from my store so I didn't Reset the Store.

Thanks,
Melissa
Old May 9th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

We are still getting the same results on our end, as soon as we try the update, it goes very quickly. As soon as I logged into your site, the update finished from 3 to 23 in about 3 minutes.

The next time you are going to do an update of products, can you try it in a different browser? Maybe it's a browser issue.

Eric
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:56 PM

Ok, thanks, I'll try that - I was in IE 8.0 this evening. I'll try in Firefox tomorrow.

Thanks
Old May 23rd, 2011, 07:46 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by meperez View Post
Ok, thanks, I'll try that - I was in IE 8.0 this evening. I'll try in Firefox tomorrow.
Did you have any luck using Firefox?
Old May 30th, 2011, 09:47 PM

Sorry, didn't see your post reply until today. Yes, though i'm not really sure it has/had anything to do with the browser. I can't pinpoint the problem/specifics but it does finish updating now, I updated a couple of days ago and it finished in a few minutes (let's say 3-5, I wasn't timing exactly) and I could see the status bar changing unlike before. That was in Firefox but as much as I tried before, I would have thought I tried Firefox. In any case, the next manual update I will try in IE and see how that goes. Thanks for checking up on me!

Melissa
Old May 30th, 2011, 09:58 PM

Hi Eric,

Just thought I'd post a little follow-up note too. I went to my Debug page to see exactly when I did the last update (though, to be honest, I don't know if this was my update or the datafeedr auto update). In any case, the Debug page shows the following:

Last update started: 2011-05-28 18:34:00
Last update ended: 2011-05-28 23:24:35

Now, when I did the last manual update, I do remember it finishing in front of me, so I would assume this is an auto-update but it is showing 5 hours to complete. Thought I'd mention.

Thanks,
Melissa
Old May 31st, 2011, 07:43 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Thanks for the update. This seems normal.

Eric