Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Feature Requests
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old March 31st, 2011, 03:59 PM

Default Drip Store Categories (Not Posts)

I absolutely love the automatic product store update feature in V3.

However it would be nice to extend the functionality of this to be able to build out a new store in the factory with multiple categories, but only release each category to the live site at different time intervals.

For example I am looking at building several sites in medium size niches containing around 5,000 to 20,000 products. These will be categorised into brands (one brand per category).

Some of these sites will feature over 100 brands as individual categories which I would ideally plan and build out when initially creating the store.

Rather then clicking update products or entering a daily interval for automatic updates of the entire store and seeing the entire store going live in one hit, I could then have the option to choose a daily interval for automatic updates of just updating (releasing) one category at a time. This could initially be just in the order the categories were created in inside the factory to keep things simple.

This would really help from an SEO perspective as the store could be gradually constructed and then indexed over time - say one category per day for the first 100 days on complete auto-pilot.

To confirm, I am referring here to actual products contained within categories within the store, not creating dripped blog posts (which is a current feature).

Many thanks.