Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 12th, 2011, 08:34 AM

Default Create category homepage

Am back after a few weeks away from datafeedr owning to other projects and now crack on with a couple of new store ideas.

Is there anyway in which we can create a category homepage easily; for example http://www.theperfumeshop.com/fcp/ca...etFilters=true I like the way on this site that they show all the Prada products (which we can do already) but also have a bit of detail about the brand. I also like the way in which on this page http://www.theperfumeshop.com/fcp/ca...etFilters=true it shows the products which are in the For Her and For Him categories so you can quickly tell which is for a man and a woman. Seeing as the category details are already in the database is there a token we could use to display this data in the product listings page?

thanks
Carl
Old February 12th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Datafeedr Team

THREAD MOVED TO CORRECT FORUM.
Old February 12th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I'm not exactly sure what you are going for but here some answers based on my understanding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgmark View Post
Is there anyway in which we can create a category homepage easily
Yes, you can add products from a specific category on your homepage. Just set the Product list module to pull products from a specific category using the Custom query string.

Quote:
but also have a bit of detail about the brand.
We don't receive any information about the brand therefore this would have to be provided using your own information.

Quote:
is there a token we could use to display this data in the product listings page?
I'm assuming you mean the category name...? If so, you can use the tags I outlined here: /show...7620#post17620

Eric
Old February 12th, 2011, 03:59 PM

given this information, is there a way I could create custom wp pages and use some of the php code from the store? I could create the pages by hand and then return the prducts related to that merchant easily enough I would guess by using merchants id etc.
Old February 12th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
given this information, is there a way I could create custom wp pages and use some of the php code from the store? I could create the pages by hand and then return the prducts related to that merchant easily enough I would guess by using merchants id etc.
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I might be able to suggest a better way.
Old February 12th, 2011, 04:26 PM

If I can refer you back to the url of http://www.theperfumeshop.com/fcp/ca...etFilters=true I am making a perfume site of my own and I like the way that when you click on http://www.theperfumeshop.com/fcp/de...etFilters=true you get a list of all the brands and then after clicking the logo you see http://www.theperfumeshop.com/fcp/ca...etFilters=true this shows the brand, bit of info about it and the items matching that brand.

Looks a little more attractive than doing it just like http://ukchic.co.uk/store/category/c399246/ for example. All the info is already there so it's just a case of being able to display it
Old February 12th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
return the prducts related to that merchant easily enough I would guess by using merchants id etc.
Quote:
this shows the brand, bit of info about it and the items matching that brand.
I just want to be clear, do you mean create a Brand page or a Merchant page?
Old February 12th, 2011, 04:55 PM

both a brand and merchant page (on different pages). Would be good to be able to show, easily, all products in a certain brand or all products from a particular merchant
Old February 12th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
both a brand and merchant page (on different pages). Would be good to be able to show, easily, all products in a certain brand or all products from a particular merchant
If that's what you want to do, then maybe this tutorial could help guide you to get what you want set up. In that tutorial I show you how to create "pages" that display products filtered by brand and merchant.
Old February 13th, 2011, 03:51 AM

thanks will check it out