Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 1st, 2011, 11:43 AM

Default Merchant products not up to date in Datafeedr?

Hi there.

I have a website greyankleboots.co.uk. Initially, specifically selling grey ankle boots. I want to have the largest selection possible, but I can't seem to get datafeedr to do what I want it to do, in that when I go to an actual merchants website for instance Office and type in search "grey boot" it comes back with 80 results. However on Datafeedr if I set it to 'grey boot' keyword and the merchant to office, then it comes back with 131 results however many of these are repeats of a particular product and what I am left with a is smattering of what Office actually sell in the grey boot department.

Is there something that I am doing wrong? How often do the products update from merchants in datafeedr?

I would really appreciate some help.

Many thanks in advance.

Chloe
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:18 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I set up a test category in your store named "TEST - Grey Boots with Heels". You can see how I've set up a category subscription in order to get the products you want without manually selecting or removing specific products.

I had to remove a couple merchants as they provide a list of product for each size! That's why it appears that there are duplicates. Each one actually corresponds to a size.

Be sure to read this section of the Docs: http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/158

Eric
Old February 1st, 2011, 03:07 PM

Hi Eric

That is great. Really great. Thank you. Starting to make sense now. I had just about worked it out, but your example has made it crystal clear.

Just a couple more questions though.

Firstly, for the merchants that you have excluded, can I add their boots easily? Would I simply have to do this manually with the add to category button and then update them manually. I don't mind this, as there are not too many.

Secondly, 'Office' has a wide range of grey boots on their actual site, but they do not seem to all appear in datafeedr. Is this because the merchant does not put all products in the datafeed?

Many thanks again in advance.

Chloe
Old February 1st, 2011, 03:24 PM

Hi Eric.

Sorry just one other question. How does the 'block from category' work does this just block that items or similar items as well?

Thank you.

Chloe
Old February 1st, 2011, 04:06 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloegeorge View Post
Firstly, for the merchants that you have excluded, can I add their boots easily? Would I simply have to do this manually with the add to category button and then update them manually. I don't mind this, as there are not too many.
Yes, you can simply add them manually. Like you said, there aren't that many so it's fine. If you find yourself adding dozens or more products manually, something is probably wrong.

Quote:
Secondly, 'Office' has a wide range of grey boots on their actual site, but they do not seem to all appear in datafeedr. Is this because the merchant does not put all products in the datafeed?
That is probably the case. A lot of merchants do not publish their entire inventory in their datafeeds.

Quote:
Sorry just one other question. How does the 'block from category' work does this just block that items or similar items as well?
It blocks that product from EVER appearing in the category, even if you have added the product manually or via subscription. If it's blocked from the category, it will not appear in the category. If you block if from your store, it will not appear in your store.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:35 AM

Many thanks Eric. This is a great help. I think it is come together now.