Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 19th, 2011, 01:06 PM

Default Redirect of old Category URLs

Hi Eric,
I know with the new V3, that old product urls from V1 will be redirected.

What about category urls?

Based on V3, I am giving my store a complete makeover, but there is one category I have, for which I rank high for that keyword, that I want to move under another category.

But I don't want to do this as all my backlinking points at the old url. I know I can go and change some of the existing backlink urls in hubpages etc, but it could get messy and I will no doubt lose my rankings.

How can I make sure that the old url, gets redirected to the new one? (If I decide to change... my rank might be more important than a nice store layout!).

Will this do it automatically in V3, or do I need to install some plugin or something?
Old January 19th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Datafeedr Team

If your product URLs are already redirecting fine, then your category URLs will redirect fine.

If you move the category into a sub-category position, it should still redirect fine.

We handle all of the redirects and they are all 301 redirects. That's the best you can do.

Make sure to make a backup of your files and DB before you make the change just in case...

Eric