Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 17th, 2011, 11:54 PM

Default Questions about auto-updates.

Eric,

If you have more than 1 DF store on your site (I have 5), and you set the v3 plug in to automatically update each store every 3 days, will all 5 try to update simultaneously or can one stagger the schedule of when each store updates, such as at different times of day each third day? Concern is several fold:

1) If all store are updating at same time, aren't all 5 out of commission simultaneously during the update?

2) Do not the updates tax my server processing during the update process, such that I would not want to stall out the server on account of updates all hitting at once? I know larger size stores used to stall out my Dreamhost server when I did V1 store updates, especially during peak usage times of days.

3) I would prefer to run the updates at night.

Let us know how configurable the auto updates are.
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Datafeedr Team

POST MOVED TO ITS OWN THREAD.
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Datafeedr Team

The plugin records timestamps when last update occurred. On each request (except image/css/js requests), the plugin checks if [interval] days are expired from the last update and if yes, runs the update immediately. All other update methods (quick and manual) also keep track of these timestamps, so the interval is always counted from the last successful update, no matter how it was triggered.

Unless you are updating your stores at exactly the same time, they will not run at the same time.

There is no way to make them run at a set time.

Eric
Old January 19th, 2011, 12:03 PM

Does the auto update include products only or all settings?

Will it add new product categories too?

Just wondering if work in progress on views and new categories would be auto updated... Or in other words: is it a bad idea to have a half completed product category sitting in your factory for a few days?

Easy-Email - Access ALL your email accounts with one login & synchronize automatically on all your computers.
Old January 19th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Datafeedr Team

It includes all products and settings.

If you have new categories, it will add them.

You can turn off auto-updates by entering a value of 0 for the days to update field.