Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Feature Requests
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 9th, 2011, 01:25 PM

Default Merchant and Network Discover Tool

I still don't like the way this is done. And shamefully, I still use my free Popshops account to do this for me, when I am looking for new products.

I would like to see some sort of summary of the items by merchant and network and then be able to just click to show only those in CJ, or not those in Link Connector etc.

I need to see at a glance, which merchant sells the most of the product.

At the moment, the output is still the same as it was in V1. Ie with no logical method to the output. It is not in alphabetical order, or price order, or merchant order. It is just spat out. Perhaps a short term solution might be at least to provide a "sort by" box, so I can sort by price, or merchant, or alphabetical or something!!!

As much as a love Datafeedr, this tool doesn't cut the mustard!
Old January 11th, 2011, 09:08 AM

Thanks for this great research tip, I just created a free PopShops account - really like that merchant/product discovery tool
Old January 11th, 2011, 10:19 AM

Yep, I just use a free popshops account too to search for products. I love they way they do it. However, love Datafeedrs new factory more!
Old January 11th, 2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patagonia View Post
At the moment, the output is still the same as it was in V1. Ie with no logical method to the output. It is not in alphabetical order, or price order, or merchant order. It is just spat out. Perhaps a short term solution might be at least to provide a "sort by" box, so I can sort by price, or merchant, or alphabetical or something!!!
After you did your first search did you try to add a merchants filter? The merchants filter only appears in the filter dropdown when search results are displayed and contains the list of merchants available in the search results. That merchants filter will allow you to display only the products from the merchant(s) you select in the filter.

Last edited by stefan : January 11th, 2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old January 11th, 2011, 12:40 PM

Yes Stefan, I used the new merchant filter, but it still doesn't tell me the product count. It just isn't very user friendly.

Have you seen the way popshops do it?
You can get a free account and check it out.

But it is not a big part of the system, and I don't use it often, so no big deal.
Old January 19th, 2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
After you did your first search did you try to add a merchants filter? The merchants filter only appears in the filter dropdown when search results are displayed and contains the list of merchants available in the search results. That merchants filter will allow you to display only the products from the merchant(s) you select in the filter.
One very annoying 'feature' of this is that the merchant filter is reset with every search. So if you ever get an empty result you lose the merchants...

Easy-Email - Access ALL your email accounts with one login & synchronize automatically on all your computers.