Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old October 9th, 2014, 03:23 PM

Default WP super cache

I'm having all sorts of trouble with wordpress super cache. It's only caching one page and I can't figure out why. Should I disable it? I've been reading around the forum and it appears datafeedr has it's own cache settings? Should I use that. I'm really frustrated here.

If you recommend using the datafeedr to cache can you give me a link to what the settings should be?

http://saveongolf.net
Old October 9th, 2014, 03:43 PM

Do you have recommendations for settings inside datafeedr when using WP Super Cache?..or setttings you recommend to use with super cache? I really need some help on this. I just added a new retailers and a lot of products and the only way to see them is to go to the drop down merchant filter. Very few are showing up on search results pages. Never had this problem before. I tried clearing cache in W.P., deactivating and reactivating W.P. Super cache. I really need someone to help me on this guys.
Old October 9th, 2014, 05:02 PM

Ok. I've been waiting 4 hours on this one and you've answered other questions of mine from very recent. Are you going to help me on this one guys? I'm pretty desperate here. I just uploaded World Wide golf shops and although I added about 600 products or so none of them show up in the categories. To see them I have to click on the merchant filter. I think it's the cache problem. But I have no idea how to clear it and from where as this has never happened before. Can you please respond soon?
http://saveongolf.net
Old October 9th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

We do not guarantee support replies within a specific amount of time. We try to address questions as fast as possible, however, replying to requests within a few hours is not something we can guarantee.

As for WP Super Cache, you'll need to ask the plugin developer about this. We cannot provide support for third party plugins.

Regarding the Datafeedr caching settings, you can configure those settings here: The Factory > Your Store > Store menu > Advanced Store Settings > View caching.

Checking the "Allow view caching" checkbox turns ON caching and setting the "Cache life time (in minutes)" option configures how long the cache lives on your server before it gets regenerated. Note that the cache gets deleted after clicking the [Update Products and Settings] button or when your store gets updated automatically.

Eric
Old October 10th, 2014, 06:35 AM

Eric. You do realize that to the theme creator and other plugin creators Datafeedr is the 3rd party plugin. It is hard to get support when the plugin is not working correctly in conjunction with another plugin like Datafeedr. So I was hoping that you have had other instances of this popular plugin not working correctly and would be able to share solutions you've had in the past. If I can't get support from you because of a 3rd party plugin conflict and can't get support from them because of a 3rd party conflict that leaves me out of luck.
As for the response time I agree. I've never had a complaint with support from Datafeedr. That is the best thing about it. It was so odd not to hear back that I thought Stefan was getting frustrated and just decided to stop responding. So no, I don't expect a response in a certain amount of time, but it was unusual and I was pulling my hair out trying to fix these things. Stefan also responded to a question I asked about refreshing a datafeed that was asked hours after the techinical question. So you may understand why I felt he wasn't going to answer. As it is I'm pretty much stuck now. I won't be able to get an answer about the cache and how it should be set up with Datafeedr as no one will know what Datafeedr is. So if that's your final answer, to ask the developer I'm pretty much screwed.

Can you at least tell me if I need WP Super Cache if I'm turning on caching in datafeedr and what the settings should be there? Also is it a problem if caching is on in Datafeedr AND I'm using the Supercache. Do you see how confusing this is? I was trying to get outside help yesterday and I couldn't even explain what it was I needed.

Last edited by yankeestonk : October 10th, 2014 at 06:39 AM.
Old October 10th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

I have not heard of anyone else having any problems with Datafeedr & WP Super Cache.

Why not try a different caching plugin such as W3 Total Cache?

Quote:
Can you at least tell me if I need WP Super Cache if I'm turning on caching in datafeedr and what the settings should be there?
WP Super Cache will cache everything on your site. The Datafeedr cache only caches store pages. Regarding settings, I would set it up for 360 minutes (6 hours).

Quote:
Also is it a problem if caching is on in Datafeedr AND I'm using the Supercache.
I don't think so. I've not heard of any problems.

Eric
Old October 11th, 2014, 09:06 AM

this is what I'm seeing as cached under the "content" tab. Am I wrong or shouldn't their be 100's of pages in the cache and not 7.

also you said above to set the cache to 6 hours. Are you referring to the one in datafeedr or the on in W.P?

The 2nd image is of the "preload" tab. Should this be on or off. Right now it is off as it is set to 0 which is "disable".

thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cache.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	805  Click image for larger version

Name:	cachepreload.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	806  

Last edited by yankeestonk : October 11th, 2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old October 11th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeestonk View Post
this is what I'm seeing as cached under the "content" tab. Am I wrong or shouldn't their be 100's of pages in the cache and not 7.
I don't know. That's not our product. My only guess is that only pages visited by guests are being cached but not pages visited by the site's admins.

Quote:
also you said above to set the cache to 6 hours. Are you referring to the one in datafeedr or the on in W.P?
As I stated in the 4th post above: Regarding the Datafeedr caching settings, you can configure those settings here: The Factory > Your Store > Store menu > Advanced Store Settings > View caching.

Quote:
The 2nd image is of the "preload" tab. Should this be on or off. Right now it is off as it is set to 0 which is "disable".
I don't know.

Eric
Old October 11th, 2014, 10:17 AM

Ok thanks.

If you read my question carefully I was asking if you knew what the settings should be for the WP super cache if I have Datafeedr cache turned on. So your answer in #4 wasn't relevant. I understand Supercache is not your plugin. If you have no suggested settings for use with Datafeedr pages then that's my answer.

Thanks.