Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old September 9th, 2014, 09:15 AM

Default need source of feed?

http://saveongolf.net

Hey Eric,
Not sure if you can tell me what my developer is asking for as I'm not sure myself. But maybe this will make sense to you. I'm chatting with him now and he says that he needs the "source" of my "hot sales" page. http://saveongolf.net/hot-sales/ to create the page in the new wordpress site. Do you know what he is asking for? This is the only other page on the site that datafeedr results land on. I created the hot sales page with your help a while ago and not sure exactly where to find what he needs now. Does this make any sense or should I have him ask you here himself since he might be better able to explain what he needs?
Old September 9th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

That page is created dynamically by the Datafeedr plugin.

There is no source code he has access to. It's generated dynamically.

Eric
Old September 9th, 2014, 09:23 AM

I'm not a coder guy as you know. In order for him to create a page on the new site that these results will land on like they do on the old site, what does he have to do? Just name the page the same as the old one?
Old September 9th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

All he (or you) has to do is install the Datafeedr plugin, add your Connection Key and then click the [Update Products and Settings] button.

Eric
Old September 9th, 2014, 09:58 AM

Hi Eric.

The plugin is installed and working. He's asking about the feed for the sale items. What I think is all he has to do is create a page with the same URL and the hot sale items will display just as they do on the live site. I think I might have to have him come to you for support, you know what you're doing and so does he, I'm the middle clueless middleman gumming up the works!
Old September 9th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

If he already created a page called "Hot Sales" in the WordPress Admin Area, then he needs to completely delete that page.

Eric