Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old August 29th, 2014, 09:43 AM

Default Problems with changing URL settings

Hi, me again...

First of all sorry for all the questions. I've been through almost everything so I'm guessing I'll soon have everything ready and then you won't hear from me anymore I think

Anyway, I wanted to change the URL settings and just to be sure you didn't already gave an answer to my question in one of your video's, I checked out the video about the URL settings. It doesn't say anything about the problem I'm having, so here it goes:

My default category page URL now looks like this: webshop/%cs/ and my product detail page looks like this: webshop/%cs/%ps-%pi/ . So I skipped the 'category' in the category page URL and in both the default category page URL and the product detail page URL I changed 'store' into 'webshop' seeing as that's what we call a online store here.

Now I wanted to change the path of both into '%cp' so that my subcategories will show. Thing is, when I change it into %cp, the URLs become exactly the way I want them to be, but somehow the shop can't seem to find the products anymore. In my shop you will see the products without the pictures and when you click on any product, you will go to an error page. I tried several things to get it to work: at first I only changed the default page URL and it didn't work, so then I thought I should change the product detail page URL as well. I changed it into several things, just to figure out if anything would work, but it somehow doesn't.

I changed it back into %cs so that my (few) visitors won't notice anything, so now everything's working just fine. I would really want to change the URL's this way though, especially since I haven't promoted my website yet and I don't want to do this afterwards (for the same reason you explain in your video).

Can you please help me again?

Website URL: http://babyaccessoires.eu
URL to page in question: http://www.babyaccessoires.eu/webshop (and all subs)
Old August 29th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

After you change your URL Settings, be sure to click the [Test] button to make sure there are no conflicts or issues.

As you've changed them back already, there's nothing for me to check. If you make your changes again and are still having issues, let us know before you revert again.

Eric
Old August 29th, 2014, 10:03 AM

Hi,

I changed it back for you to be able to see what's going on. When I hit the test button, it states a lot of 'should not match', but I don't know what to do but change it all back.

One of my subcategories is: http://www.babyaccessoires.eu/webshop/merken/bambam/ . As you can see, there is a webshop, but it doesn't show pictures and when you click on it you will get an error page. Same goes for the parent http://www.babyaccessoires.eu/webshop/merken/ or the webshop homepage http://www.babyaccessoires.eu/webshop

Last edited by Estrella86 : August 29th, 2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old August 29th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Can you try clicking the [Update Products and Settings] button again.

You have to have the words /category and /product in your URLs so they don't conflict with core WP urls.

Eric
Old August 29th, 2014, 10:16 AM

Hi,

I was afraid of that. Ok, now that it says category and product it works, yes, thanks for helping me out once again!

Romina