Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old June 4th, 2014, 05:33 AM

Default update worldwide golf shops in C.J. please

C.J. claims to have finally fixed the feed for World Wide Golf shops after 2 months. Can you let me know when you update their feed so I can test it out?

Thank you.

Ken
Old June 5th, 2014, 08:56 AM

Please get back to me on this when you can.
Old June 6th, 2014, 01:23 AM

CJ update is running.
Old June 6th, 2014, 09:20 AM

Can you confirm that Worldwide Golf shops updated yesterday or early today? C.J. is claiming the feed is fixed but I activated them an hour ago, updated settings etc. and I have the same issue of all the links going to the publisher's site go to the home page and not the landing page. Have to confirm the update was done before I go ballistic on them.

Worldwide Golf also stated they "have a new platform". Can you confirm that you are updating the correct feed for them. (don't know if that's even a "thing" or not, but I have no idea what to do here but just make sure everything on our end is ok.

here is a URL from our site with just Worldwide golf products. It goes to the detail page ok but when you click "see it" it goes to the publishers landing page and not the product page still. http://saveongolf.net/store/search/?...d=35071&price=

Last edited by yankeestonk : June 6th, 2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old June 6th, 2014, 06:27 PM

CJ update is live.
Old June 7th, 2014, 07:04 AM

Stefan/Eric. Is there any way for you guys to look at Worldwide golf shops datafeed and tell what is wrong with it? C.J. is no help. Worldwide Golf is as frustrated as I am. If you can tell anything from your end. Here are 3 random links from World Wide Golf that all go to the exact same URL, as do the vast majority of links. (you have to click the "see it" button to the default page that almost all links from WWG go to.

http://saveongolf.net/store/cobra-dr...7100194152618/

http://saveongolf.net/store/taylorma...7100194081636/

http://saveongolf.net/store/cobra-dr...7100194118660/

I was hoping that maybe you could look at it and tell me in layman's terms what the issue is so I could lay it out for C.J. They seem really clueless and tell us it's fixed when it's not.

Thanks very much,
Ken
Old June 7th, 2014, 08:46 AM

Regarding the 3 products you mention...

1) Cobra AMP Cell Driver - Red

See attached screenshot.

The Cobra AMP Cell Driver was available in different colors in the datafeed.

Now when I check today's datafeed only the orange colored driver is available while the other colors have been removed from the datafeed.

See http://www.worldwidegolfshops.com/mm...-Driver-Orange

The orange colored Cobra AMP Cell Driver product link still works.

The other colored Cobra AMP Cell Driver links no longer work although the products still exist on merchant's site (see above URL).

I guess because these products are no longer in the datafeed the links have been deactivated.

2) Cobra AMP CELL Pro Driver Limited Edition & Taylormade R11s TP Driver

These 2 products no longer exist in today's datafeed and I couldn't find the products on merchant's site either.

That's why the links no longer redirect to the corresponding product page.

Conclusion:

At first sight everything looks fine on merchant's end - that is the product links in datafeed are working (at least the ones I tested).

Because Worldwide Golf seems to continuously change the products in their datafeed we just can't keep up with the changes as we only run CJ updates every 2-3 days.

That's why you may end up temporarily with products on your site with links not redirecting to the corresponding product pages.

With our next CJ update, the 3 products should be automatically removed from your site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wwg.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	696.8 KB
ID:	727  
Old June 7th, 2014, 09:02 PM

Are you sure about that answer? We've been at this for months now and MOST of the links from Worldwide golf are bad all the time. If what you are suggesting is true then when you do a C.J. update than all the links should work if I clear the cache. Why is it that 80% don't work all the time?
Old June 8th, 2014, 02:45 AM

After taking another look I've found something else.

You're still looking at the old datafeed.

Yesterday one of the servers where the CJ update was running has been gone down.

For one or other reason that probably caused the CJ update not to run correctly the more because in Factory there are still 6K+ Worldwide Golf products while the latest feed only contains 2K+ products.

I've started a new update. Hopefully that will correct the problem.
Old June 8th, 2014, 06:55 AM

Hey Stefan,

I just cleared the cache and updated products and settings after turning Worldwide Golf shops back on. Same issue so I turned it back off. Can you tell if those extra 4k in products are still in the new feed still? THanks.
Old June 8th, 2014, 01:41 PM

The old feed is still in the Factory.

Should still take a couple of hrs before the new feed is online.

I'll update this thread when the new feed is online.
Old June 8th, 2014, 08:39 PM

U da man!
Old June 9th, 2014, 04:01 AM

New feed (about 2K+ products instead of 6K+) is online! Sorry that it took so long.

However, my conclusion in my previous post remains valid.

If Worldwide Golf removes specific products on their site and these products are on your site the product links won't work anymore until we run the next update.

That's not necessarily an error on Worldwide Golf's end assuming they removed the products also from the datafeed but the fact that we can't provide instant updates.

There will be always a delay between the moment Worldwide Golf (and other merchants) update their feed and the moment we update our database.

Can you check and see if you still can find product links not working?
Old June 9th, 2014, 08:37 AM

Hi Stefan,

Yes, it's working! Eureka! Thanks for all your help! And yes, Worldwide Golf had what they call a "platform change" a few weeks ago. So I think it was a matter of completely changing all the product feeds that exasperated the issue. C.J. was slow to fix the problem with the dual feeds, and I had to keep bothering you guys to update the feed because C.J. wasn't keeping us informed as to where they were at and Worldwide Golf were somewhat in the dark as well. So I was getting Worldwide Golf telling me to "try it now" and I'd have to ask you for special updates when the fix wasn't in place yet....but neither of us knew for sure if it was or wasn't. Then finally C.J. says it's fixed and as luck would have it the feed is unavailable when you do the update and it looked like it still wasn't fixed! Ugh! But thanks for the extra attention you gave to this. I know you guys are running 1000's of datafeed updates 24/7 and it's a royal pain in the backside to have one guy asking for the same feed updated over and over. So sorry about that and thanks for hanging in there with us.
Old June 9th, 2014, 09:36 AM

You're welcome Ken