Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old April 22nd, 2014, 11:35 AM

Default Edwin Watts golf datafeed problems

http://saveongolf.net

He Eric/stefan.

I don't know if you can help with this or not. I've reached out to Edwin Watts golf in the past, and again today. They didn't respond last time so I don't know if they will this time. Thought you might have an idea.

Edwin Watts golf is the only feed we are having this problem with, and had to turn it off because it gives erroneous results. The best I can tell is they have incorrect tags on most if not all of their products. So if you search on our site for say a "Titleist Driver", we'll get all Titleist Drivers from all the other feeds, but we'll get many brands of Drivers from Edwin Watts golf and a myriad of other products we don't even carry. (headcovers, bags, shoes, etc. etc., as well as Wilson, spalding Mizuno drivers.)

What I'm gathering is they put the same tags on all of their products....and that is messing things up. (see attachment/screensot of one of the products) I turned on Edwin watts to get the screen shot but turned it off after as it messing the store up with bad results.

I THINK it's the tags. But none of my searches are based on tags. They are almost all based on Product name.

is there a way for me to fix this from my end in lieu of them correcting the feed? Which I don't know if they will as they didn't respond last time I wrote to them.

I've included a screen shot of the results page showing all the non-Titeist items from Edwin watts then a side by side image of the detail results of two totally different items. Note the tags underneath that are totally unrelated to the specific product and lists all kinds of unrelated things...but both are similar. Hope you can help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	edwin-watts-detail-results-sidebyside.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	691  Click image for larger version

Name:	edwin watts results titleist driver.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	692  
Old April 22nd, 2014, 12:43 PM

Yes, it's a merchant's problem because they use the same set of keywords/tags for all the products in the datafeed.

If they don't respond it's possible to fix this on your end. The "problem" however is that you try to add products in your categories with 1 single search subscription.

Because each merchant provides product data differently it's not always possible to "cover" everything with 1 single search subscription.

For your "Titliest Drivers" category you could add a second search subscription specifically for Edwin Watts Golf.

Instead of searching on keyword you could search only on product name to eliminate most of the non-driver products - see attached screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ewg.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	707.7 KB
ID:	693  
Old April 22nd, 2014, 01:17 PM

That actually helps Stefan. When I started I did more "multiple" search parameters because i didn't know what the heck I was doing. I think many if not most of my searches will be just product name. If you think that will help I'll go back and eliminate the keyword searches from every category and then re-load Edwin Watts. That will take time, but it would be worth it if you think that should solve the problem?
Old April 22nd, 2014, 01:37 PM

You don't need to redo all your current search subscriptions if you're happy about the results they generate.

Just create additional search subscriptions if specific merchants like Edwin Watts don't fit the search criteria in your existing search subscription(s) too well.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 08:22 AM

Not sure how to go about doing that? It's basically the same amount of work right?...just won't affect the current results?
Old April 23rd, 2014, 08:33 AM

Hi again Stefan. To be clear...the problem as you see it is going to happen just where I've used "keywords" in the search? If I used just "product name" then you think it will work out? It seems to me from checking some of my search criteria that I mostly used Product name only, some "product description" as well. Like for 2014 Callaway Big Bertha driver I used Product name and under product description i used the word "new" to narrow it down as Callaway has used the name Big Bertha for many years and just comes out with newer versions. But to be clear, if I go through all the categories and can limit it to product name only it should work? C.J. isn't being much help so far. They responded today saying they don't see that I'm pulling any feeds and asked if I'm using a third party. I don't see how that matters for the purpose of figuring out why the datafeed they have on their site has the same tags on every product? This is how it goes with them, takes a day or two to get an answer and it's always more questions. I sent them the images of that I showed you, that should be enough I would think for them to see the issue? Am I right or does it matter that I'm using a third party?
Old April 23rd, 2014, 08:46 AM

CJ does not determine what a merchant includes in the datafeed. So asking CJ support to fix things in a merchant's feed would not help much. You should ask the merchant.

But rather than waiting on a merchant fixing something in the feed just try out different criteria in your search subscriptions and if needed create multiple search subscriptions as I suggested.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 09:30 AM

I'm going through everything now like you said with just product name and it's working out well. (that is until you started updating the product list! Will get back to it when you're done. Not too bad really. Thanks for your help again.)