Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old October 9th, 2014, 12:22 PM

can you give me any idea how to get rid of these tags? Where are they found etc?
Old October 10th, 2014, 06:48 AM

I really can't say for sure.

If it's your theme it's likely the code is somewhere available in your theme's header.php file.

If it's not your theme it should be one of your plugins.

Best thing to do then is disabling your plugins one by one and check your source code each time after deactivating one to see if the og tags are gone.
Old October 10th, 2014, 07:44 AM

Glad you are still there! I thought you got frustrated with all of my questions and tuned me out! Eric responded to my cry for help that you guys can't guarantee 2 hour support. I get that, and if there's one thing you guys are better at than anything else is support. So when you went a-wall on me there for a few hours I thought something was wrong. Hope nothing is wrong on your end.

Can I ask you this: I know little to nothing about the code of the theme. My site developer is paid in full and not really that responsive anymore. So I'm **** out of luck a bit here. If I find the code, or pay someone to find the code, when you say to "get rid of these tags" are you saying to change them to something else or delete them. This is so complicated when you have a theme, a plugin and the datafeedr plugin to weigh in the mix of what could be wrong. So sorry if I was over the top on this. But when you found the title tag problem before I got nervous that my site wasn't set up correctly in the first place. Now all these possible code issues with the theme and I went from a site ready for prime time to back to the drawing board!

Last thing. If I'm using WP supercache, do I turn off cache settings in datafeedr? Do I need supercahce since you have cache settings in datafeedr? (didn't even know they were there.) thanks much Stefan.
Old October 10th, 2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeestonk View Post
So when you went a-wall on me there for a few hours I thought something was wrong. Hope nothing is wrong on your end.
Note that I live in Europe - CET timezone.

I'm 6 or more hrs ahead of you depending on where you live in the US.

Although I'm working fairly late when you post in the evening it's middle of the night here.

Quote:
when you say to "get rid of these tags" are you saying to change them to something else or delete them.
Make sure they don't appear again.

Quote:
Last thing. If I'm using WP supercache, do I turn off cache settings in datafeedr? Do I need supercahce since you have cache settings in datafeedr? (didn't even know they were there.)
Honestly I don't know what's the best option. I never use 3rd party cache plugins on my personal websites nor do I use Datafeedr's cache settings.

In any way I advise you to clear all existing caches, switch off all cache plugins you have activated as long as your site is in development mode.

It only leads to confusion when testing things out.
Old October 11th, 2014, 08:08 AM

It's being worked on now but it's live and we have customers. So you are suggesting to not have any cache set at all? Not in datafeedr and not with Supercache? Is datafeedr cache off by default? Even if it's live and not being worked on?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cachesettings.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	804  

Last edited by yankeestonk : October 11th, 2014 at 08:12 AM.
Old October 11th, 2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
It's being worked on now but it's live and we have customers. So you are suggesting to not have any cache set at all? Not in datafeedr and not with Supercache? Is datafeedr cache off by default? Even if it's live and not being worked on?
Great to hear your site is making sales!

Datafeedr cache is off by default.

I said that it's better to switch off cache plugins as long as you're making/testing significant changes.

Whether you're activating caching afterwards or not that is up to you.
Old October 11th, 2014, 10:28 AM

Thanks Stefan! Not getting rich yet but hoping!
I don't remember turning the datafeedr cache on to be honest. It's possible the developer did so. I know you don't want to suggest what to do with these optional things, but you saw the image above that it is on. Should I leave it as is or turn it off?

I'm thinking at this point that I really don't know how caching works! I thought every page of the site was cached and saved on the server? But from one of Eric's responses he said he thinks only pages that are visited are cached? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the cache? Any insight you may have would be helpful. I may be paying to fix something that is working the way it should be!