Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old August 25th, 2014, 11:35 AM

Default A bunch of questions from a newby

Hi,

I just downloaded the Datafeedr plugin and started working in the factory. Almost everything turns out just fine, seeing as you have these handy video tutorials. I just have a few questions though. And as you say in your videos, I can ask them here

Firstly, the sale price doesn't show. Not because of my settings: I did the thing you showed in the video tutorial. So the settings are correct, but it just shows the sale price. So the price is correct, but I want it to show the was/is thing. Is this a problem with TradeTracker or the merchant or am I doing something wrong?

Secondly, I want to change the view of every category. I used to have it like this: http://www.babyaccessoires.eu/webshop/outlet/. So with a picture on top, text underneath, then the products and then another bit of text. I want to have it exactly like that again, since it cost me a lot of time to write those texts. In your video, you warn about adding custom views, because there might be other solutions. Are there any other methods, in this case, to add those texts and the picture?

Thirdly, can I change the titel of the widgets? Since my website is in Dutch, I'm translating everything.

Also, I added a sorting template. Thing is, the price says low to high and high to low (although not in my case, since I translated it ) but in both cases it sorts from high to low... how can I change that? I didn't change "price" and "-price", just the thing that comes after the =>.

There might be some other stuff, but that's it for now . I hope you can help. Datafeedr would rock if these things will be sorted. I do hope Google doesn't like me less for having to delete all the pages I wrote. Hopefully he'll like me more for now having all those product slugs...

Oh, right, and can I change the number of products that are shown when opening a page? I'd rather have 12 shown, not 18.

Greetings from Holland,

Store ID: No idea where to find that, sorry
Website URL: http://babyaccessoires.eu/
URL to page in question: http://babyaccessoires.eu/webshop/ and all subs.
Old August 25th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Welcome to the forums!

1. You've added the right code but none of the products added to your store are on sale. If you see that they are actually on sale at the merchant's website, this means the merchant hasn't added the sale price to their data feed and therefore we have no way of getting it.

2. Yes, you should use category descriptions for your unique category information. Here's a video that covers that: http://www.datafeedr.com/videos/?vid...rc=yt#videotop

3. Yes, you can change that here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > WIDGETS > Widget name > View menu > View Properties > Widget title

4. To get the sorting template to work, you need to go here The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > CATEGORY PAGE > Default > Product list module > Settings () and check the Allow override checkbox.

5. To change the number of products that display on your category pages, go here The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > CATEGORY PAGE > Default > Product list module > Settings () and change the Products per page value.

Eric
Old August 25th, 2014, 12:07 PM

Good evening! (or possibly morning in your case),

Thanks for the welcome and the quick response!

There are a bunch of items on sale, so apparently the merchant hasn't added the sale price to their feed... which is what I was 'afraid' of. I'll contact them about it then. Hopefully they won't mind adding the original price. It seems they've skipped the original price of the sale items so that therefor the original price isn't shown, just the sale price, so that the feed doesn't know it's a sale price.

I saw the video about adding category descriptions. However, it only allows to put a text either above the products or under the products, but not both at the same time, right? I would like to have a bit of text above the products and a bit underneath the products, so my visitors won't get scared what with all the text being put together, if you know what I mean. Is that also possible?

I was able to change the widget title, thanks! Also, when I was doing the override thing, I noticed the products per page value, so I was able to do both at once, thanks!
Old August 25th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Regarding the text, doing what you want to do is not really possible, unfortunately.

Glad the rest of the stuff is working for you!

Eric
Old August 25th, 2014, 01:30 PM

Hi,

Ok, too bad. I'll see whether I can find a nice alternative then. It'll probably work out just fine.

Thanks for the reply!

Romina
Old August 28th, 2014, 01:17 PM

Hi,

So, I've been thinking... would it be possible for me to add a product description and then put a 'read more' where I want the text to stop, so that people who do want to read it can click it so that the rest of the text 'unfolds' (don't know the English word I should use here, hope this one gives you the point), but so that people who don't want to see all that text, don't have to?

So, like I said earlier, I've got two bits of text, right? One above and one underneath my former shop? I would still like to put the 'above text' above my shop, but then put the 'underneath text' after the 'read more'- unfold-thing, if you know what I mean?

Do you understand what I mean and is this possible?

Kind regards

Last edited by Estrella86 : August 28th, 2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old August 28th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

That's possible using CSS and Javascript. It's beyond the scope of support we can provide but here are some examples:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5...h-like-youtube

Eric
Old August 28th, 2014, 04:17 PM

Hi,

Thanks for providing the link even though it's (understandably) beyond the scope of the support you provide. I'm still trying to make it work, because somehow it doesn't (the text doesn't show up after you click 'more'). But I'll manage, I think

Last edited by Estrella86 : August 28th, 2014 at 04:27 PM.