Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 25th, 2014, 04:24 AM
tacshack tacshack is offline
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 15
Default Multiple Amazon associates ids

I can only add one amazon aff link at a time. What if I want to add links from US, UK, India and more? I could not find option to include multiple affiliate links.

Datafeedr widgets not working. Do they only work when importing products to categories? I am not using product categories and not importing products directly on to site. Just using price comparison via shortcodes.

Do you plan to include Indian affiliate networks / merchants? It is a very fast developing economy and eCommerce is really picking up here. Population is huge too!! Any plans?

I dont see ebay in the list of supported affiliate networks. Any plans? If not then any alternative solutions you might suggest that plays well with datafeedr price comparison sets?

Lastly, if the merchant makes changes in the product or removes it and lists another product or changes product id, then what happens to the price comparison set that I have created? Price comparison depends on product ids as I understand? I intend to add one set for each product so it can get troublesome to check whether all is good. Is there a way like saved searches for price comparison so that all the products in the saved searches will automatically create a price comparison set and update it on my site in case of changes in the product info? Does it usually happens? Merchants changing their product ids?

Thank you for your time. Much appreciated.
  #2  
Old May 25th, 2014, 03:19 PM
stefan stefan is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacshack View Post
I can only add one amazon aff link at a time. What if I want to add links from US, UK, India and more? I could not find option to include multiple affiliate links.
You can use different Amazon locales for one site.

In Store > Affiliate IDs & Tracking Parameters click the "Add Affiliate ID" button at the top.

Then choose Amazon and then in the Sub-Network column the Amazon locale you want.

See screenshot as an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacshack View Post
Datafeedr widgets not working. Do they only work when importing products to categories? I am not using product categories and not importing products directly on to site. Just using price comparison via shortcodes.
Datafeedr widgets only make sense when you create a real store - that is creating categories and filling them with products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacshack View Post
Do you plan to include Indian affiliate networks / merchants? It is a very fast developing economy and eCommerce is really picking up here. Population is huge too!! Any plans?
Not at this time.

If you know Indian affiliate networks with merchants offering datafeeds let us know and we'll take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacshack View Post
I dont see ebay in the list of supported affiliate networks. Any plans? If not then any alternative solutions you might suggest that plays well with datafeedr price comparison sets?
I guess you mean ebay.com and not eBay Enterprise Affiliate Network ( http://www.pepperjamnetwork.com/ ) which we support.

We don't support ebay.com and there are no plans to support the network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacshack View Post
Lastly, if the merchant makes changes in the product or removes it and lists another product or changes product id, then what happens to the price comparison set that I have created? Price comparison depends on product ids as I understand? I intend to add one set for each product so it can get troublesome to check whether all is good. Is there a way like saved searches for price comparison so that all the products in the saved searches will automatically create a price comparison set and update it on my site in case of changes in the product info? Does it usually happens? Merchants changing their product ids?
If a product is no longer available in our database the product is automatically removed from the comparison set. If that product is the master product your comparison set won't appear anymore on your site.

Therefore we introduced a new and better shortcode in order to prevent your compsets from disappearing once the master product is no longer available in our database.

Instead of referring to the product ID of the master product you can now directly refer to the compset ID which you find in the compset URL in the Factory.

Therefore I suggest you use this shortcode: [DFR:compset?compset_id=xxxxx]

compset: the name of the view.

xxxxx: the compset ID.

When you use this shortcode and a master product is no longer available, the plugin will make the first of compset products a master.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amazonid.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	717  
  #3  
Old May 26th, 2014, 04:25 AM
tacshack tacshack is offline
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 15
Default

Excellent.. I have few more queries...

Backups - it is not mentioned what exactly does it backs up? Store settings, price comparison sets and everything else on the datafeedr site? Entire store?

I am not really good with codes. What I need to do is byfocate price comparison sets based on country / currency so users interested in US can click on the USD link and it will scroll down automatically. Likewise for all countries like UK etc.

[DFR:Embeddable Comp Set?compset_id=xxxxxxx]
For this code, if a product is removed, another takes it place but is there a way where I can see all the products that are removed so I can run periodic tests and replace them with new products?

If I add a product from a network/merchant with whom I am not affiliated but add its products to the price comparison set anyway, and after some time I do get accepted in their program and add my affiliate ids in the datafeedr factory settings, then the links on my site will update automatically to reflect my affiliate ids for those merchants? I will get commission then?

Anything else I should understand and keep in mind? Just asking anything off the top of your mind.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by tacshack : May 26th, 2014 at 04:27 AM.
  #4  
Old May 26th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Eric's Avatar
Eric Eric is offline
Datafeedr Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,902
Default

Hi,

The backup backs up your locally stored store information so that you can revert to a different version of your store. It does not back up any other WordPress related info.

Regarding segmenting your comp sets by country/currency, this is outside the scope of support we're able to provide.

Currently you can't see what products have been removed.

Yes, your links with be updated and you will get a commission on those sales once the merchant has approved you.

Eric
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Associates through Datafeedr petitmagasin Feature Requests 0 November 16th, 2013 06:57 AM
Amazon Italy - Amazon Spain Now Available! stefan News & Announcements 0 November 29th, 2011 01:08 PM
How Do I Market To Multiple Countries with Amazon? Roybretton Questions 1 November 14th, 2011 09:00 AM
Multiple store with amazon products mfirth Problems 4 November 7th, 2011 11:52 PM
Amazon is taking its price US Amazon.com - Needs to be in from UK Amazon.co.uk gamerspy Problems 2 October 19th, 2011 12:19 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.