Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 7th, 2014, 05:14 PM

Default Filter amazon results over 1 dollar

I've noticed that more than a few of the Amazon.com products on my site are listed for $0.00 , until you click on them and go to Amazon.com to see the price. Is there a way for me to exclude any result for $0.00 without having to go back and amend all the different search parameters? I'd like to do it site wide if possible.

http://saveongolf.net/store/category...=15&sort=price

Thanks,
Ken
Old January 7th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

When you do a search you can add a price range to your search:

Unfortunately since you can't subscribe to Amazon searches, you will have to remove those products listed at $0 and re-add other products with prices greater than $1.

Eric
Old January 7th, 2014, 06:09 PM

So what I'll have to do if re-do every search parameter I did to date for Amazon.com products? Amazon.com auto-populates (removes items no longer available and adds items that matches your search automatically right?)
Old January 7th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Yes, you will have to re-do them.

The issue is the restrictiveness of Amazon's API. It's not possible to do Search Subscriptions with Amazon products the way you can do with all other networks. Trust me, if we could implement Amazon products like all of the other networks, we most surely would!!!

You can only add products one by one or 10 at a time with Amazon. This is because of the limits imposed by Amazon's API in regards to the number of requests. If you were able to subscribe to a search, every time the category was loaded in the Factory, stats were run or your store was updated, the search would hit the API hundreds of times (once for every 10 products) and you would quickly hit the 3,600 requests per hour limit imposed by the API.

You can read more about the limitations of using Amazon (and the Amazon API) here: /showthread.php?t=5313

Eric
Old January 7th, 2014, 06:22 PM

Let me get this straight. Amazon does not add products to your store. The only way they get there is to manually put them there?

If that's the case a nice feature for the future would be to be able to see the price in the "items added manually list". It's easy to remove items from there but there is no price for what I'm doing.

So I basically can leave the products I have now, but just delete all the ones for zero dollars manually? They won't come back on any auto update right?

Thanks,
Ken
Old January 7th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi Ken,

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeestonk View Post
Let me get this straight. Amazon does not add products to your store. The only way they get there is to manually put them there?
That's correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeestonk View Post
So I basically can leave the products I have now, but just delete all the ones for zero dollars manually? They won't come back on any auto update right?
Yes, that's correct.

Eric
Old January 7th, 2014, 06:41 PM

Thanks Eric. The reason I think I was confused is that I asked if Amazon.com products auto-update a while back and you responded, "They update like other products however at a different interval because of Amazon's Licensing Agreement. Maximum update time is every 24 hours." I thought that meant that it will grab new products from the search. I'm actually glad it doesn't, as there are too many. May have to consider dropping Amazon.com products down the road. Manually adding them is a hassle. Thanks.
Old January 7th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Sorry, that was probably unclear. The Amazon products that you've added to your site will update with new information (if new information exists) once every 24 hours. However, unlike products from other networks, new Amazon products will never appear on your site.

Eric
Old January 10th, 2014, 09:31 AM

That's actually a good thing. THanks.