Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Feature Requests
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old August 25th, 2011, 04:50 AM

Default Automatic comparison sets

Comparison sets as they exist now are not very useful because the customer may not select the product which has a comparison set created.

It would be nice if the customer could see a comparison set at the bottom of the details page for any product that is chosen. This would be more useful information than the "related Products" that are shown now. Related Products display quite often will show premium products along side discount, much lower quality products, (comparing Apples to Oranges).

I say get rid of the Related Products Section and replace it with an Automatic comparison set, displayed at the bottom of the Details page. If this sounds too hard to do, instead of rewiting datafeedr, why not write a separate little program or widget which would scan the inventory and create a comparison set for each item.
Old February 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM

Yes, this is what I was about to request for . Plugin is excellent and I must applaud the developers. Just add automatic comparison set display instead of doing them manually . Cheers
Old February 8th, 2012, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viantea View Post
Yes, this is what I was about to request for . Plugin is excellent and I must applaud the developers. Just add automatic comparison set display instead of doing them manually . Cheers
I would third this request.
Old February 8th, 2012, 06:21 AM

Yes, anythin g to make comprison sets easy to use, both for us and the user. It makes the user want to come back and use the website if they can compare prices.

This is a 110% must
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:17 AM

+1 from me.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:48 AM

One idea could be to make the comparison sets a bit like categories... i.e. you can specify a search query to select which products should appear in the comparison set...

Then at execution time the comparison set would be built according to that query...

At store update time any new products added would have to be tagged for which comparison sets they'd qualify to be a part of based on the defined comparison set queries...

Or something like that :-)

Easy-Email - Access ALL your email accounts with one login & synchronize automatically on all your computers.
Old March 31st, 2012, 11:10 AM

Default Great Feature Request

This would help my store immensely!
Old April 5th, 2012, 09:14 PM

Having just had a quick go at creating comparison sets myself, I can see what you're all wanting makes lots of sense to me too. Therefore, I concur!
Wb: BrentWilliamz.tel
Old April 10th, 2012, 08:50 AM

This would be an excellent Feature, +1 from me also.
Old April 10th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Just a little background about this feature...

We also wanted to provide this functionality when we released comparison sets. Unfortunately, we were unable to because it's technically very, very difficult. If we do figure out a way to have comparison sets automatically built, we will definitely expose that feature to everyone.

Eric
Old May 8th, 2012, 04:13 AM

Is there any developement in these automatic comparison sets? Any news. I would really like to see this happen.
Old May 8th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qelectronics View Post
Is there any developement in these automatic comparison sets? Any news. I would really like to see this happen.
Please see my post immediately before your post.
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi

Just a little background about this feature...

We also wanted to provide this functionality when we released comparison sets. Unfortunately, we were unable to because it's technically very, very difficult. If we do figure out a way to have comparison sets automatically built, we will definitely expose that feature to everyone.

Eric
Couldnt you just simply make an sql query like an 75% match. Some other major tools offer these functions like datafeedstudio.com. I can just give a search term and the program shows me all relevant products, it really works well. I really like his functionality and is adaptable. Maybe you should look into that program to see how some of it is done. Many files are encrypted though but you can download a trial version to see the magic happen. Just set it up and toy with it for a couple of days.

I think the automatic comparison should be a main feature you have to offer. I am still trying out some different tools on the market to see which one is best. Right now, since you only offer a very basic comparison where you have to add them one by one by hand which is very repetitive, i am making up my mind whether or not to continue with your product since this feature is lacking and others are offering it for a better price.

I think more people would agree with me when working with datafeeds from different merchants offering the same type of products.
Old December 24th, 2012, 05:17 AM

Hello,

Any progress on this feature? I would be great to have automatic comparison sets on my website.

Thanks in advance
Old December 24th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Datafeedr Team

We've not technically figured this out.
Old July 24th, 2013, 06:32 AM

Hello,

any news here? Got the same problem, already wrote it (t=9128). Other (comparison-)tools simply say "if "x"title-chars are equal, compare products" and/or "if price is between...." and so on.... No idea?
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Currently, we're not addressing this issue.

Eric