Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old March 23rd, 2013, 04:17 PM

Default Navigation Glitch

I've used Widget Context plugin for years and have never had a problem with it. It appears after the last WP update along with Widget context plugin update it doesn't work any longer and now datafeedr is displaying the original navigation with sub-level navigation showing when you click the parent category. Has anyone else noticed this with their sites? Any idea how to fix this?
Old March 23rd, 2013, 04:20 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Do you have a link to the page this is happening on?

Eric
Old March 24th, 2013, 08:10 PM

All of the pages on my site had custom navigation but one specific page is the home page www.personalchecksplus.com
Old March 24th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Which menu are you referring to, the horizontal navigation or the vertical navigation in the left sidebar?

Also, what is the desired effect you are going for?

I'm really not sure what is wrong and/or what you are expecting to see or not see.

Eric
Old March 24th, 2013, 09:11 PM

Eric it is the vertical left navigation menu. If you check the Google cache you can see what it use to look like. I have a Quick Find navigation block as well as only the top level navigation in the main block (no sub pages when clicked). Then each category page has custom navigation consistent with only that specific category.
Old March 24th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

I'm at a little bit of a loss. The only thing I can think of is that your Widget Context upgrade resulted in a loss of content or settings.

I would suggest attempting to reconfigure your Widget Context plugin to back to the way it used to be.

It doesn't seem to be related to Datafeedr.

Eric
Old March 24th, 2013, 09:30 PM

The funny thing is, the settings are still set in the plugin (urls weren't lost) yet nothing is happening. It appears that WP, the plugin or Datafeedr doesn't respond at all. Do you know of a different plugin that might work instead or do you know if anyone else has experienced this happening with their datafeedr site? I'm at a loss.
Old March 25th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot of your Widget Context settings?

Eric
Old March 25th, 2013, 09:15 PM

Here is one of the main category page
Old March 25th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Are you just trying to prevent the sub-level navigation showing when you click the parent category?

Eric
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:33 AM

Yes I do just want the sub-level navigation to stop showing BUT also my custom category navigation to show up on their proper pages.

I have multiple custom widgets set in datafeedr that aren't being displayed on the site.
Old March 26th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

If you want to prevent sub-level navigation from appearing, you can do that in the Factory. Go to the Category List module where you don't want to have a sub-level navigation menu appear and click the settings icon (). Then in the options panel, set the "Maximum tree depth" to 1. That ensure that only 1 level of your category structure is displayed.

Regarding widgets not being displayed, that sounds like a problem with the Widget Context module, not Datafeedr. We've not heard of any problems with Datafeedr widgets not getting displayed.

Eric