Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:59 PM

Default What's a good host for a lot of Datafeedr sites?

I've got a dedicated server, but I think it's too costly for me with the given traffic and bandwidth it serves. My new project is to peel 1-5 domains (depending on size) into smaller shared hosting accounts or reseller accounts. Currently, with all the automated backups and extra memory for CPU plus management (fast acting response) I'm paying $387/month. For 12 months that's $4644/year. If you take a single account at e.g. Bluehost or something comparable, that's something like $85/year .. I could in theory have 25 single accounts instead of 1 large account! Really, however I only have about 5 sites that a shared hosting will not work but, all the rest could be peeled into single or up to 5 sites on one account I figure, and maybe I could do this with no more than 15 single accounts and save over $3000/year ..

What I would like to hear is suggestions where I can easily move and operate my http://HARTmarket.com domain that has about 50 subdomains that I'd probably just keep at that if I can get 50 stores going ... currently only have 9 fully working stores with the new design and latest plugin.

I have been thinking Bluehost ...

Q) Will Bluehost work for 1 multisite having 50 (or more?) store activity with all the CPU calls needed?

Q) If you don't think Bluehost works well with Datafeedr sites - what do you recommend?

>> I would want cPanel and all that access - but don't believe in VPS (and their pricing) and just want a simple cheap hosting account that works 99.9999% of the time.

Thanks.
HART