Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old October 18th, 2012, 08:31 AM

Default Daily offer and more offer in the home page

Hi Eric, thanks for your previous comments and it is so helpful.

How will i post daily offer and more offer in the shop. Is anyother solution is there in the datafeedr system?. Something it will list three per row in the home page. Is there any solution possible in the datafeedr system

I'm waiting for your reply...
Old October 18th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

What do you mean by "daily offer"?

Eric
Old October 19th, 2012, 12:19 AM

Daily offer means today offer. Discount sales for each product today have to sell, which means is there any merchant have to offer the product i.e discount sales whether it may be in percentage (or) in amount. We have to display in the home page of 3 column in a row.

Could you understand the above things?

I have to implement the design in this week. So kindly give your suggestion and i'm waiting for your reply.....
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Merchants generally don't provide daily deal information in their data feeds. Therefore, doing a daily deals type of thing is not really possible.

Eric
Old October 20th, 2012, 06:23 AM

Default This is not daily deal , its a featured products

"This is not daily deal please. What we have is a column where we post daily offers not deals. We get this offers from various sources we represent, datafeedr inclusive".

Kindly see: http://www.bicycleeverything.com/ and look at the "Featured Products" Column and that on top of it, that is what I want to introduce

We simply look into our various affiliated stores and feature 3 to 4 products daily under "Daily Offers" and more in "More Offers". It is that simple. We can also pick offers from datafeedr.

I'm waiting for your reply with above needful solution.

Thanks.
Old October 20th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

You should create a store category named "Featured Products".

You should set that category to "hidden" under Type.

Then add the products you want to feature to that category.

Then create a new Custom View here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > CUSTOM VIEWS > Add a new view. Name the custom view "featured_products".

Add a Product list module to the view and add a template to the product list module from the Snippets in the left sidebar.

For the settings ( ) of the Product list module, under Product Selection, choose "Use custom query".

In the Custom query string field, insert: c=123456 where 123456 is the Category ID of your "Featured Products" category.

Then to display the list of Featured products wherever you want, use this shortcode: [DFR:featured_products]

Eric
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:34 AM

Eric,

Thanks for your comments, but here it doesnot work as per your guidance , i had followed your steps, but doesn't work in any of the page. Kindly verify my site.

Is it anything wrong in the configuration?

Last edited by iscube : October 22nd, 2012 at 04:44 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:01 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

You had: c=123456

It should be: c=1030031

Eric