Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old September 27th, 2012, 11:01 AM

Default how to get [X] Remove Brand Filter..

How can I achive this..?

http://datafeedr.net/screenshots/fzP...203-151224.jpg
http://datafeedr.net/screenshots/fzP...203-151328.jpg

I am not understanding how to get [X] Remove Brand Filter..

I seen this thread: /showthread.php?t=3853 BUT I didnt understood how to achive that..
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Datafeedr Team

HTML Code:
<ul>
<?php if (@$_GET['brand']) { ?>

<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='-brand']">[X] Remove brand filter</a></li>

<?php } else { ?>

<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='brand=Anne Klein']">Anne Klein</a></li>
  <li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='brand=Baby Phat']">Baby Phat</a></li>
  <li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='brand=Banana Republic']">Banana Republic</a></li>

<?php } ?>
</ul>
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:19 AM

Iam using below code:

Code:
<div class="scroll">
<ul > 
<?php 
$brands = dfr_get_brands($category->id); 
foreach ($brands as $brand) {
    if ($brand != "") {
    $brand = urlencode($brand); 
    ?> 
    <li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='brand=$brand']"><?php echo urldecode($brand); ?></a></li>
  <?php } ?>
<?php } ?> 
</ul>
</div>

How can I make the above code work with your code..? I mean where to add that sentence in above..?
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Datafeedr Team

HTML Code:

<ul>
		<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='-brand']">[X] Remove brand filter</a></li>
	</ul>

<?php } else { ?>

<div class="scroll">
		<ul > 
		<?php 
			if ($brand != "") {
				?> 
				<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='brand=$brand']"><?php echo urldecode($brand); ?></a></li>
			<?php } ?>
		<?php } ?> 
		</ul>
	</div>

<?php } ?>
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:36 AM

Hey it worked..

BUT one thng I didnt udnerstoood, once I clicked one Brand, its hiding all Other Brands, that shudnt be happpen... U can check here that: http://cosmeticsshoppingmall.com/sho...n%20Fragrances
I should able to see other Brands as well..

and For this Makeup Category, iam unable to see any brands, here: http://cosmeticsshoppingmall.com/shop/c/makeup/ Any reason?

Last edited by johngibb123 : September 27th, 2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old September 27th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Datafeedr Team

If you don't want to all of the brands to be hidden, then just do this:
HTML Code:
<div class="scroll">
	<ul > 
	<?php 
		if ($brand != "") {
			?> 
		<?php } ?>
	<?php } ?> 
	</ul>
</div>

<ul>
</ul>

<?php } ?>
The reason no brands are showing up is because that's a parent category. Once you dig further into sub-categories, the brands will appear.

Eric
Old September 27th, 2012, 02:30 PM

ohh.. so for Parent categories, I cannot see brand names, in this case what I have to do...? DO I need to hide Brand names widget for all Parent? If YES, how only to parent ones...?

or anyother suggestion..?
Old September 27th, 2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
If you don't want to all of the brands to be hidden, then just do this:
HTML Code:
<div class="scroll">
	<ul > 
	<?php 
		if ($brand != "") {
			?> 
		<?php } ?>
	<?php } ?> 
	</ul>
</div>

<ul>
</ul>

<?php } ?>

Itseems the above code works ONLY to select Single Brand, Iam unable to select more than 1 Brand... and moreover whatevr the brand I select, Iam unable to see which brand Iam selected, im just seeing only "[X] Remove brand filter" ...

Actually, Iam thinking to have Brand filter functionality like this: sephora.com/gift-value-sets-fragrance

And also Clearing Filters whatever we chosen...
Old September 27th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Datafeedr Team

Filtering on multiple brand names is not possible.

This is the code to display the selected brand:
PHP Code:
<?php echo @$_GET['brand']; ?>
Old September 27th, 2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Filtering on multiple brand names is not possible.

This is the code to display the selected brand:
PHP Code:
<?php echo @$_GET['brand']; ?>
OK Thanks Eric! Even I wanna display price filter whatever I chosen, so what little changes I need to do from above code in case of price filters...?

and could you please reply for my 7th post as welll..?

Last edited by johngibb123 : September 27th, 2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old September 27th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngibb123 View Post
ohh.. so for Parent categories, I cannot see brand names, in this case what I have to do...? DO I need to hide Brand names widget for all Parent? If YES, how only to parent ones...?

or anyother suggestion..?
You need more PHP for this. Check that the $brands variable is not empty. Wrap a PHP conditional statement around all of your code where the code only displays if the $brands variable is not empty.

Quote:
OK Thanks Eric! Even I wanna display price filter whatever I chosen, so what little changes I need to do from above code in case of price filters...?
It's pretty much the same. Just change $_GET['brand'] to $_GET['price'].
Old September 27th, 2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
You need more PHP for this. Check that the $brands variable is not empty. Wrap a PHP conditional statement around all of your code where the code only displays if the $brands variable is not empty.

It's pretty much the same. Just change $_GET['brand'] to $_GET['price'].

It seems I should become a PHP Monster
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:

It seems I should become a PHP Monster
You don't need to be a PHP master or a monster. However, you want to do some highly customized things. Those things will require a little PHP. With just a little understanding of PHP conditionals and variables, you will be able to customize the heck out of your website. Not just Datafeedr but your WordPress templates, too.

I thoroughly recommend http://www.tizag.com/phpT/ for learning the basics of PHP without too much theory or rambling. I recommend this to anyone getting started with PHP.

You mentioned you were a Java developer so PHP shouldn't be too hard to pick up. Java is much harder than PHP. In 1-2 hours you should be able to understand the core stuff and you'll be modifying and tweaking everything on your website including your WordPress template files.

Eric
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
You don't need to be a PHP master or a monster. However, you want to do some highly customized things. Those things will require a little PHP. With just a little understanding of PHP conditionals and variables, you will be able to customize the heck out of your website. Not just Datafeedr but your WordPress templates, too.

I thoroughly recommend http://www.tizag.com/phpT/ for learning the basics of PHP without too much theory or rambling. I recommend this to anyone getting started with PHP.

You mentioned you were a Java developer so PHP shouldn't be too hard to pick up. Java is much harder than PHP. In 1-2 hours you should be able to understand the core stuff and you'll be modifying and tweaking everything on your website including your WordPress template files.

Eric
Woww! thanks Eric, I will definitely look into those sites and try to learn the php basic things myself.. and YES i can quckly learn as iam already into this programming field.. Just recently i have learned css, now iam bit gald about it.. Now I will go ahead with php as well..

I sometimes really feel that I have wasted your time and bit my time tooo with this heck of coding stuff!

Anyway, to say honestly Iam almost asked many things and cleared as well.. Now I can able to quickly develop some more sites using Datafeedr in seconds...

thnx again!
Old September 28th, 2012, 10:48 AM

I wanna ask one thing:

Is that really possible to implement a feature like 'selecting multiple brand filters'? Iam really not asking code for it...BUT I wanna myself try for this...so for that I need some little suggestions (or help ) from you..

a) How do I begin to get that multiple brand filter..? do i need to have a core knowledge of datafeedr?

b) what are the things i need to know?

what u say Eric..?
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

You would need to modify the core Datafeedr MySQL queries in order to do so.

Eric
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Hi

You would need to modify the core Datafeedr MySQL queries in order to do so.

Eric
It seems to be a Big Headache to achieve this..
DO U think I can achive this...?
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Not without a strong understanding of PHP and MySQL.

Eric
Old September 28th, 2012, 04:47 PM

BUT Eric, I wanna say one thing, do not think me wrong..

As far as I feel, this should be a feature request.. I mean since this datafeedr allows us to create ecommecer sites, then selecting mutilple brands or colors etc.. features MUST be there..

I really dont think its beyond the support you're doing, since its an important feature for everyone here.. Since you're an expert in coding, i think if u try, you can do this feature in a single day..

I have seen many ecommerce sites having option to select multiple bands, colors etc.. and clearing either individual filter they chosen or clearing all filters at once by clicking a button 'Clear All Filters'! Normally any visitor who gonna buy any product, they definitely take help of those filters and then only decide to buy the product... customers need customization to BUY a good and reasonable price product for them.. If we dont allow that feature, whats the point of having 1000's of products in a store..? and YES i agree that we already have some sort of other filters, BUT this feature too very imp...

Why dont you implement this feature asap? To say honestly, I really need this and your customers feels really happy with this new feature... why dont u make this to me..? do u call it as a beyond support for this..?

What U say Eric..? (Am I wrong..? ) Pls think once..

iam not much gud at english , so sorry if said anythign wrong above..

Tnx
Old September 28th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

This feature is not on our current roadmap. If you'd like to make a formal Feature Request, you can do so here: /forumdisplay.php?f=69

However, we are unable to do every single customer's feature request immediately and sometimes, for other reasons, are unable to do them at all.

If you need this feature immediately, you might need to hire a developer for this. This is not something we will be adding immediately.

Eric