Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old May 25th, 2012, 12:20 PM

Default Create comparison set on product details page

Hi,

I'm a little confused on how to create a comparison set on a product details page. I see the views, etc., and understand how to add modules to specific views (such as adding comparison set to the product details view).

What I'm unclear on is how, when searching for products within a specific category, to have that product show in my store, while at the same time building a comparison set for it.

I think my lack of clarity is because I've added products to store categories, AND have created comparison sets - both which have been essentially separate things. Just not sure how to combine the two things.

Can you provide links to some resources on this subject? Or explain it?

Thanks.
Old May 25th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

When you create a comparison set, the products you add to the comparison set are not added to any category. Basically, the products in a comparison set are "hidden" or do not appear in your store except within a comparison set view.

This prevents your categories from being full of duplicate products.

Eric
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:13 PM

Hey Eric,

I understand that.

What I'm shooting for is a way that I can have my store catalog show only one of each kind of product. Then when the visitor clicks on the product details, there is a product description followed by a comparison set.

Currently, my store shows (for example) 5 of the same product - which is one instance from each merchant. I would like only one instance of each product to show in my store catalog, and then when the "Details" button is clicked, the visitor sees product description with a list of merchants from which that product is available.

So...when looking at the default Product Details view in the Factory, there is a comparison set module available. Just not sure how to combine a specific comparison set with a product description.

Does that make sense?
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonius View Post
Currently, my store shows (for example) 5 of the same product - which is one instance from each merchant. I would like only one instance of each product to show in my store catalog, and then when the "Details" button is clicked, the visitor sees product description with a list of merchants from which that product is available.
The solution is to remove all but one of those products from your category. If you add a product that's in a comparison set to a category, it will appear in that category. But if you just add a product to a comparison set but not a category, it will not appear in the category and you will not have the "duplicate product" issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonius View Post
So...when looking at the default Product Details view in the Factory, there is a comparison set module available. Just not sure how to combine a specific comparison set with a product description.
Here's how to add a comparison set to your product details page. http://www.datafeedr.com/videos?vide...rc=yt#videotop

Eric