Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old May 15th, 2012, 10:15 AM

Default Anybody know of any good themes

Hi everyone

Does anyone know of a wordpress theme that has a slider that works well with datafeedr, also not too difficult to use or that i have to do anything to the code as i do not know what i am doing

Regards
Maria
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msp02 View Post
Hi everyone

Does anyone know of a wordpress theme that has a slider that works well with datafeedr, also not too difficult to use or that i have to do anything to the code as i do not know what i am doing

Regards
Maria
Hey Maria

I use the socrates theme but it does not have a slider. Was thinking about whether a slider could or does add value myself in the last week or so.

Here is one site for your view

http://www.chinawholesalectronics.com/
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:10 PM

Are sliders even good for ecommerce sites? Slider plugins are a dime a dozen. When you drive people to a blog, you hope they read something and stick around and sliders are good because readers can see what you have to show them.

But for ecommerce sites you just want them to find what they are looking for, (what they are looking for - not what you have to show them) and click out to your affiliate company's website so they can buy the product and you earn commission.

I could totally be wrong, but that is why I don't bother with sliders on any of my sites with datafeedr store on them.

/2cents
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcid View Post
Hey Maria

I use the socrates theme but it does not have a slider. Was thinking about whether a slider could or does add value myself in the last week or so.

Here is one site for your view

http://www.chinawholesalectronics.com/
you know ... that header on any theme would work well too It's a great image with a wide collection of products on it. Did you do that yourself?
Old May 16th, 2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800HART View Post
you know ... that header on any theme would work well too It's a great image with a wide collection of products on it. Did you do that yourself?
You make a great point regarding sliders and will take that into account.

As far as the header on that site, nope proffessionally made - it is the header off my static site I used to run for this merchant using different type datafeed which is very limited in what you can do, hence me using datafeedr.